Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How long does the OEM battery last?

Oxxa

Question

Hello guys,

My T7 was born on first month of 2021, that makes it 2 years old. I put 21,000 kilometers on it and I want to prevent a battery failure on a multi week offroad trip that I have upcoming?

How long do the OEM batteris last? Should I get a new one?

IMG_1819.jpeg

IMG_1534.jpeg

5 answers to this question

Years. Probably at least 5 if looked after. Plug it into a good optimate to prevent build up and it’ll be good. Unless cracked in impact or wrongly overcharged it wouldn’t fail anyway, just slowly get weaker. 

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Years. Probably at least 5 if looked after. Plug it into a good optimate to prevent build up and it’ll be good. Unless cracked in impact or wrongly overcharged it wouldn’t fail anyway, just slowly get weaker. 

Do you mean to plug it during winter… or during every pause?

I plug mine in most of the time it’s not in daily use. Probably more force of habit from the days of bike alarms draining the battery. Using it regularly is better. Long storage definitely. 👍
I normally replace mine with motobatt AGM batteries when I have to replace. Remembering to use the correct charger, unlike the first I had. 🙄

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1

Just now, Dougie said:

The trip sounds good🍺

Yep. Attacking Greece this time because other balkan neighbors are covered in snow, except Albania but already done that last month

• Like 1