Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

6,000 Mile Review (sorta)

eddylindenstein

Official 6,000 Mile Review:

It's still f'ing fantastic!

There have been quite a few modifications that have been done in it's 6k life - I'd love to do a video reviewing them, at least some of the more major ones. Some have been better than others, but I'm overall satisfied with them and am looking forward to a lot more miles with them. The bike and most of the upgrades have handled the 20 or so drops that I've done really well (except the beat up swingarm, but it's not bent).

The customization has been a lot of fun. The T7 is really great because it's an inexpensive ADV platform with a superb engine, and it lends itself well to make it what you want most out of your bike.

It reminds me of Tim "The Toolman" Taylor working on every little nook and cranny of his hot rods to make it his own.

From front of the bike to rear:

• Madstad adjustable windshield
  • Tusk Grill headlight guard
  • Shock Socks
  • 12'Clock Labs LED Turn Signals Front + Back
  • Amazon Yellow and White Fog/Aux Lights
  • Tusk Crash Bars
  • Pro Taper Evo Adventure Bars
  • Oxford Heated Grips
  • Acerbis X-Factor Hand Guards
  • Motopumps Locking GPS Mount
  • Acerbis 6.1g Fuel Tank
  • AXP Skid Plate
  • 2WDW ECU Reflash/Tune
  • Eastern Beaver Fuse Box
  • Rally Raid 85nm Rear Spring
  • 16T Front Sprocket
  • SW-Motech Center Stand
  • Alpina Tubeless Rims
  • Seat Concepts Sport Touring Seat
  • Huzar High Exhaust
  • Happy Trails Rear Rack
  • Tusk Fender Eliminator Kit
  • Amazon Kickstand Foot

PXL_20230417_184746207.jpg

• Like 5

Well done, lots of practical mods there eddy.  Are those rubberized grips on the sides of the tank?  I put the oem ones on my factory tank and they are pretty useless

2 minutes ago, winddown said:

Well done, lots of practical mods there eddy.  Are those rubberized grips on the sides of the tank?  I put the oem ones on my factory tank and they are pretty useless

Negative, no rubberized grips - that's just the side of the Acerbis with some streaks on it 🙂