Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

The girl starting to look good

Lord Vader

So after picking her up last Saturday 😎😎 I had a friend from the UK over.

Since he is a spannering  man he was immediately 'allowed ' to add a few bits to my bike😎😎

Few more bits and she will be good

Done now just short of 1400km and loving her😎😎

20230430_170218.jpg

20230430_170159.jpg

• Like 4

Fully loaded and raring to go!!

Definitely looking the part of being tourer ready! Have fun out there! 🙂 

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

Definitely another approach than my build, but I like the bold look!

On 5/1/2023 at 7:40 AM, Tenerider said:

Definitely another approach than my build, but I like the bold look!

Well I am not going for a certain look. I just know what worked for me on my old GSA's for over 150000 miles

Since I am only about 7 hours away from the Alps I am planning to do more of the old Military roads and a few more winter meets😎👍

She is nearly ready

Just waiting for some more " Merchandise " coming over from the UK  with some of my friends 😎🤣🤣

attachment-1.jpeg

FB_IMG_1683118248115.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lord Vader said:

Well I am not going for a certain look. I just know what worked for me on my old GSA's for over 150000 miles

Since I am only about 7 hours away from the Alps I am planning to do more of the old Military roads and a few more winter meets😎👍

She is nearly ready

Just waiting for some more " Merchandise " coming over from the UK  with some of my friends 😎🤣🤣

attachment-1.jpeg

FB_IMG_1683118248115.jpg

About the same distance from the Alps as me 😉 We're almost neighbours, I'm in Langenfeld!

Looks like you've A LOT more experience than me and probably attended Elefantentreffen? Great stuff!

Those military roads in the Western Alps are also on my bucket list...

Greetings from schääl Sick!

Jan

Enjoy the bike! 

Given your extensive experience on a GSA I'm curious caused you opt for a World Raid?  One would be hard pressed to find a bike better suited for armoring up and packing everything including the kitchen sink onto  and then heading towards the horizon than a GSA.  On the flipside once so loaded it seems like the advantages of the mid-sized World Raid platform would be largely muted.

Thoughts?

16 hours ago, Tenerider said:

About the same distance from the Alps as me 😉 We're almost neighbours, I'm in Langenfeld!

Looks like you've A LOT more experience than me and probably attended Elefantentreffen? Great stuff!

Those military roads in the Western Alps are also on my bucket list...

Greetings from schääl Sick!

Jan

Yeah did the Elefantentreffen in 2010😎

Maybe let's meet up for a coffee since you are a neighbour. 

FB_IMG_1668704141152.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Windblown said:

Enjoy the bike! 

Given your extensive experience on a GSA I'm curious caused you opt for a World Raid?  One would be hard pressed to find a bike better suited for armoring up and packing everything including the kitchen sink onto  and then heading towards the horizon than a GSA.  On the flipside once so loaded it seems like the advantages of the mid-sized World Raid platform would be largely muted.

Thoughts?

Well,my last GSA (which I still have) finished on a 108500 miles😎

Now,I am not at all a spanner man. Can't do and does not interest me neither🙄

So it was a point of cutting my losses. There was a fair bit to do on the beemer,so put loads of money into old gsa or buy a tenere 

I been the last15 years on GSA's and yes they are absolutely brilliant touring bikes. Mainly 2up and camping.

Also here in Germany I find bikes very expensive so can't afford a beemer I like🙄😔

Now I am separated and don't do 2 up stuff anymore but want to do more off road. Mainly alps and such.

The WR is a bit lighter than my GSA too which makes picking up easier😎

Let's just see how she does.

I report back in 5 years and let you know👍😎🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1