Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bad times

Ray Ride4life

I had some health inconveniences and normally they disappear after a while but this time they where different.
After a visit to the dokter i was send to the hospital for further research for the cause which involved a CT scan.
Last Tuesday i got the result and it turns out i have metastases from a decease in liver and lungs and it's for 99% cancer.
Monday i have a liver puncture to make it 100% sure and hopefully find out what kind because it's unclear where the source is.
So for now no more adventures other then the treatment with the hope of recovery.

• Sad 2
  • Dislike 1

Wish you the best in your treatments and recovery. I'm currently going through stage 2 kidney cancer. Just had surgery last week to remove a little over half of my left kidney. They think they were able to get it removed  before it metastasized to anything else but wont know for sure until more testing. Scary stuff man. I started out just going to a medexpress to get an excuse for work because I missed a couple days from what i thought was just a wicked stomach virus, and next thing I know, after ct scan results at the ER, I'm in the hospital for a week. I have a minimum 6-8 weeks of recovery time before I can do much of anything. Only good part is it gave me some time to pull my ecu and get it sent out to 2wheel dyno works to get it tuned. Looking forward to getting healthy enough to get back on the bike and feel the difference.  Anyway, I hope everything goes well for you man, and hopefully you'll be back on the bike in no time.  Josh

Edited by JhrTenere65
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Moderators

Prayers for you both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

38 minutes ago, JhrTenere65 said:

Wish you the best in your treatments and recovery

Same to you then.

• Thanks 1

Wish you both the best with getting fixed up and healthy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• 2 weeks later...

Got the results from the biopsy yesterday and it's not good.
It's in a rare location (gal blather) and not treatable only chemo to slow it down.
Next step is the oncologist for the last details and possibilities but eventually this will be my cause of death.
I hope they can fix me up a bit to do at least a few trips but it will not be on a bike anymore.

• Moderators

So sorry Ray. Prayers sent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Just found this thread.

Prayers and all kinds of luck for both of you.

I can't get it out of my head, so I can't even imagine how it must feel for you.

Ray, you're one of the most profound and active members here, your contribution to this community can't be overestimated.

We'll meet soon, but I want to say thank you just right now anyway.

Edited by Tenerider
  • Thanks 1