Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Starting to find some grunt.

Dazza

Got my T7 a week before xmas. Haven't spent as much time as I would like on it but have managed around 2000k.

I have an S10 that is well set up and run's real nice (pulls like a tractor).

Never expected a little 690 to deliver the kind of grunt that a 1200 could, but with all the hype, jorno claims and not to mention the longest reveal in motorcycle history, I was expecting this bike to deliver a bit more than it dose.

Maybe I'm just naive.  Now please don't get me wrong,  the T7 is a cracker of a bike. Every time I go out on it it grows on me and it's off road capability is outstanding for a bike that weighs 200kg+.

I just added a full Akra system and the Rapid Evo autotune. What a difference it has made. I'm finding I don't have to constantly ring it's neck and it now has some nice mid range grunt that really was missing.

Anyway to make a point, I think it sucks to constantly have to throw lots of money at something you just spent a fair amount of cash on to make it go right.

For the record had to do the same to the S10 and lets not even start on suspension. Yamaha dose seem to have done a pretty good job of that on the T7.

• Like 2

Good to know.

I'll very likely get my ECU reflashed and install the DNA air filter and airbox cover.

I've heard very good things about Seton tuning and Phil's experience with the MT-07, so will likely go there for a proper set-up on the rolling road.

See here from a happy customer (not me)

My MT-07 has Akro exhaust with shortened baffle plus DNA air filter and top plate (Yamaha snorkel filter top discarded). Like many other forum members, I have followed the reasoning and progress...

Cheers

Rich

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
8 hours ago, Dazza said:

Got my T7 a week before xmas. Haven't spent as much time as I would like on it but have managed around 2000k.

Never expected a little 690 to deliver the kind of grunt that a 1200 could, but with all the hype, jorno claims and not to mention the longest reveal in motorcycle history, I was expecting this bike to deliver a bit more than it dose.

Maybe I'm just naive.  Now please don't get me wrong,  the T7 is a cracker of a bike. Every time I go out on it it grows on me and it's off road capability is outstanding for a bike that weighs 200kg+.

I just added a full Akra system and the Rapid Evo autotune. What a difference it has made. I'm finding I don't have to constantly ring it's neck and it now has some nice mid range grunt that really was missing.

Anyway to make a point, I think it sucks to constantly have to throw lots of money at something you just spent a fair amount of cash on to make it go right.

For the record had to do the same to the S10 and lets not even start on suspension. Yamaha dose seem to have done a pretty good job of that on the T7.

Did you notice any loss of low end when you add the Arka or tuner?

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

I purchased all 3 items at once but added them in stages just to see the difference.

First the can was added, it's not much loader then standard but gives a nice thump. Didn't really alter the lower rev range but from 5k up defiantly pulled a bit stronger.

Second went to full system, I was really expecting it to mess up the fueling quite a bit but no, it ran beautiful no flat spot's, no popping on decel, and really sound's awesome, not loud at all. The whole rev range from 2k up is improved. I'm sure a dyno will show some dips and bumps but real world riding is much improved. 

Now the Rapid. I chose this path after scouring the web and speaking with the importer here in Aus. In the past I have had re flashes done, however here there is no one offering much info atm. Also we all know you gotta pull the very expensive  hart out and  send off somewhere and keep your fingers x in the process.

Basically all  most of us want is to jet (I miss carbies) the bike right, simple.

The rapid dose this nicely. The initial ride I thought I had wasted my money but it take a few k's 1-200 to work its self out, its subtle.

I don't feel it has any real power gains but it's made it really crisp, ( jetted right yay 😀).

Worth the money? Absolute bargain. 

The other thing with the rapid is same price as a flash $550, and now if I do any other performance mod's it will adjust.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 2/10/2020 at 8:16 AM, Dazza said:

Hang on, you bought a 74bhp Tenere and was surprised it didn't go like an R1, who'd have thunk it eh 🤣🤣

Don,t recall mentioning an R1. The only thing I was  surprised about was having to constantly ride above 7k to find that 74hp.

• 2 years later...

@Dazza where did you source the rapid autotune from? I’m keen for something similar as I don’t want to send my ecu away and I am able to tune myself anyway.

grunt on stock T7 is all good and it will be better when you remove emission crap.

Don't compare it though to your 1200cc elephant.  What is good from more torque anyway when ST1200 weighs a tone.