Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Belgium TET

ninot7

Anybody here done the Belgian TET? 
Am looking at slowly introducing myself to the TET. Done a couple of small french segments but need to do more dedicated routes and need to start somewhere easy- apparently Belgium and Netherlands are quite novice friendly. 
Asking for feedback re routes and potential B&Bs along the way. Thanks

As far as I know, Belgium TET has only a few meters of unpaved roads. But I can recommend the southeast section of TET NL - definitely beginner-friendly as long as it's dry. It starts at Drilandenpunt in Vaals and can be reached via Belgian TET if you're coming from the south.

I rode this part until somewhere near Well as a total beginner last year.

• Like 1

Thanks for taking time to reply. Did you camp or B&B? My missus might be joining on her Duc scrambler, not a big camping fan she is. 

32 minutes ago, ninot7 said:

Thanks for taking time to reply. Did you camp or B&B? My missus might be joining on her Duc scrambler, not a big camping fan she is. 

I'm only 100 km or so away from the start, did it in one day. The Scrambler should be ok as long as it is on decent tires (and the T7, too). STRs were ok, but it was completely dry last year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

I'm only 100 km or so away from the start, did it in one day. The Scrambler should be ok as long as it is on decent tires (and the T7, too). STRs were ok, but it was completely dry last year.

good to know mate thanks. The scrambler is on mt60 RSes so knobbly enough, not as knobbly as the strs though. But then again she’ll have a donkey (me) to help her through it just in case lol

• Haha 1