Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

USA preorder info /rumors for the Tenere 700

Cruizin

UPdate 6/3/2020. The preordered bikes ship out from warehouse on 6/8/2020.  A ton of info here 

I was told just now that dealers will be able to submit orders for the first batch of T7's to dealers next month. The first batches of pre ordered bikes are to be delivered to dealers in June, and the rest of them some time near September.

This is not an official announcement from Yamaha, but comes from a really good source.    Yamaha is really freaking quiet in the USA, for some crazy reason.  You would think that they would start releasing them all early summer, like they did with the FZ-07.  Riding season is close to being at it's end in September.

If you want a Tenere 700 as soon as possible, get down to your dealer and put money down for the pre order now. 

@PNWTEN have you heard anything lately? 

• Premium Member

That’s what I’ve pieced together as well. Sometime in March the dealers will be able to order in their dealer system. no numbers given on the first batch but they will most likely go to just pre-orders for all of North America. Late May or June arrival of the first batch. The second batch in September is new news to me. 

• Thanks 2

This is key.

"Sometime in March the dealers will be able to order in their dealer system."

My local dealer wrote my info down and said once the system said he could order, he would order. Would take my deposit over the phone at that time. Otherwise, it's just a list taken on a piece of paper and money sitting in the dealer's bank account. Doesn't mean squat.

Now, if your dealer has 30 people lined up to order on day one. They might take you money to guarantee your order is placed day of. Mine didn't have anyone else ahead of me.

Edited by slakdawg

10 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

This is key.

"Sometime in March the dealers will be able to order in their dealer system."

My local dealer wrote my info down and said once the system said he could order, he would order. Would take my deposit over the phone at that time. Otherwise, it's just a list taken on a piece of paper and money sitting in the dealer's bank account. Doesn't mean squat.

Now, if your dealer has 30 people lined up to order on day one. They might take you money to guarantee your order is placed day of. Mine didn't have anyone else ahead of me.

My dealer has 6 pre orders 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

My dealer has 6 pre orders 

Will be interesting if there are limits put on pre-orders and if they spread out the bikes across dealers. Kinda crappy no real info on how it's going to work. And that they aren't doing the online pre-order like other markets (Europe).

10 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

Will be interesting if there are limits put on pre-orders and if they spread out the bikes across dealers. Kinda crappy no real info on how it's going to work. And that they aren't doing the online pre-order like other markets (Europe).

I swear, Yamaha hates the United States. Did one of their old bicycle factories get nuked during WW2?  Did a US Motocross rider bang an executive's wife? Did a visiting USA dealer get drunk and crash into the corp lobby? 

I dunno, but for some reason we are but an after thought in the eyes of Yamaha. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I swear, Yamaha hates the United States. Did one of their old bicycle factories get nuked during WW2?  Did a US Motocross rider bang an executive's wife? Did a visiting USA dealer get drunk and crash into the corp lobby? 

I dunno, but for some reason we are but an after thought in the eyes of Yamaha. 

At least we're getting the bike. Missed out on 30 years of the 6xx/750 series.

I'll be down in Colombia, for the second time, next month touring on a 660xt. It's a fun bike. Can only imagine the twin 700 will be that much better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, slakdawg said:

At least we're getting the bike. Missed out on 30 years of the 6xx/750 series.

I'll be down in Colombia, for the second time, next month touring on a 660xt. It's a fun bike. Can only imagine the twin 700 will be that much better.

Please consider keeping a ride report with some pics in our ride report section! Would love to experience part of your journey!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

BIG QUESTION  here! A local dealer purchased 2 bikes, both were ordered under the owners name & there salesman name, when everything went live that day. Fast forwarded to now, i'm told if the bike was not ordered under your name & got transferred to another name the dealer got stuck with the  $500 fee (per Yamaha) which is NOT transferable to the NEW owner. Awaiting comments, this is a California deal 

Probably why the California Dealer owner that ordered and got the Black T7 quoted my brother $14K OTD.