Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High pipe kit (no muffler)

FriendlyFungus

Does anybody make a high pipe kit which costs decent money unlike the  million dollar kits?

It's a pipe and a reworked exhaust mount really. 

Don't want to fabricate one because of time constraints.. otherwise it can all be done costing a few tens of $s I would think.

Don't mind paying what it's (really) worth.

Camel-Adv I believe sell their link pipe and clamp with out muffler

Yes something like that without costing hundreds of dollars. It's a mid pipe. 

11 hours ago, FriendlyFungus said:

Don't want to fabricate one because of time constraints.. otherwise it can all be done costing a few tens of $s I would think.

Don't mind paying what it's (really) worth.

How much is your time worth?

24 minutes ago, Toymaster said:

Yeh I think it would take quite some time to make one up

Canadian tire has what you need for around 20 canadian!

2 pieces of exhaust tubing, one 45degree needed to be heated up to custom bend it, but for less than $25 you cant go wrong.  Pardon the rotation!

image.jpeg.a56518c92cf7f35d9ff5882f5c679324.jpegimage.jpeg.fd7975b43c52ce212d2481772b1c8a9a.jpegimage.jpeg.f8f01a6dcd65a3d82f9b8b4c8ca5c8cb.jpeg

IMG_3206.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toymaster said:

Well, 2 weekend hours and 300$ saved is worth it I would suppose.... to the majority of folks.... unless you live in Manhattan.

I'm trying to find a mid-pipe that is ready to attach and I'm willing to pay.. just not 500$.

37 minutes ago, Colddog said:

Canadian tire has what you need for around 20 canadian!

2 pieces of exhaust tubing, one 45degree needed to be heated up to custom bend it, but for less than $25 you cant go wrong.  Pardon the rotation!

Thanks for sharing @Colddog

• Like 1

Time is money, Camel ADV is very reasonably priced I'd say for the quality and fit.

Buy right buy once

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danrides said:

Time is money, Camel ADV is very reasonably priced I'd say for the quality and fit.

Buy right buy once

Erm.. 500-CAD for a pipe and mounting kit? Erm.. nope. 

Very first world comment too.

I support camel-adv in other stuff and have bought from Cory multiple times.. but not this. 

I'd rather go @Colddog's way unless there's something more reasonable. 

11 minutes ago, FriendlyFungus said:

Erm.. 500-CAD for a pipe and mounting kit? Erm.. nope. 

Very first world comment too.

I support camel-adv in other stuff and have bought from Cory multiple times.. but not this. 

I'd rather go @Colddog's way unless there's something more reasonable. 

Power to you man, good luck with your project 🙂 

• Like 1

You can buy a pipe and muffler from Huzar in Poland.  Around $250USD shipped.  Arrives in about one week.   Don't know if they would sell just the pipe.

For those interested, I found a solution.

(I've had a Wings exhaust setup , muffler + downpipe which followed the stock exhaust geometry exactly.

I was looking to get a new downpipe so that I could move the exhaust can higher as it was eating up the swingarm after a recent hard fall)

After a few beers, I took the OEM exhaust out of my box of things, cut the pipe down to the length I needed and used that to lengthen the Wings downpipe.. (black part is from the OEM exhaust in the pics).

That gives you a few inches which is now more than enough to clear the swingarm even if it is bent inwards etc.. All for $Zero and an hour of thinking + cutting.

(Also used part of the original heatshield to cover the extra bit of pipe)

I think this will work for my purpose very well. 

IMG20230608153544.jpg.f7093f46a1822b1786b889c6a2306ee1.jpgIMG20230608153555.jpg.e3ef23cea9cad3dff55115e218d46415.jpgIMG20230608113236.jpg.35652e4fdc190f1a5a682b040be17178.jpg

Edited by FriendlyFungus