Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anyone tried quill exhausts (uk)

sunndog

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://quillexhausts.com/yamaha-tenere-700-t7-hi-level/&ved=2ahUKEwjajvSMy6H_AhXYhVwKHXzbD-QQmuEJegQICRAD&usg=AOvVaw2yrpPaQ4qY3x2pCq8WLrDr

The price seems very good (£270 for a round titanium end can) just wonder if it can be fitted as close to the tail as say an hp corse

Edited by sunndog

Had a quill titanium on my blade. Very good quality and British built. Sounded great too. Only noticed they were still an option after I had already ordered my (also fantastic) arrow. Not sure I like the lines of their high level though. 

Edited by Dougie

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Had a quill titanium on my blade. Very good quality and British built. Sounded great too. Only noticed they were still an option after I had already ordered my (also fantastic) arrow. Not sure I like the lines of their high level though. 

I've looked at the arrow high exhaust too. Looks like a weird extra bend in the link pipe on the pics I've seen.

Did you get hit for import fees?

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

They look quite long to me

End cans are from 250mm to 450mm. But yeah I agree the one in their pics is too long 

2 hours ago, sunndog said:

I've looked at the arrow high exhaust too. Looks like a weird extra bend in the link pipe on the pics I've seen.

Did you get hit for import fees?

It wasn’t too bad as it was included in the price. Only issue I had was they had to wait to get stock from arrow, but they refunded me a discount for the trouble without me asking. It was mototopgun on eBay. I’d use them again. Wasn’t a hi level but direct replacement. Cost me £320 in the end I think. 

Edited by Dougie

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

It wasn’t too bad as it was included in the price. Only issue I had was they had to wait to get stock from arrow, but they refunded me a discount for the trouble without me asking. It was mototopgun on eBay. I’d use them again. Wasn’t a hi level but direct replacement. Cost me £320 in the end I think. 

Ah right, tis the high mount I'm after

Weird extra bend

Screenshot_20230531-213116_eBay.jpg.ad44559ec2f657a195ef91e244fc6c2f.jpg

Edited by sunndog
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally stopped dithering and went for the quill exhaust. 

It's nice to order from a UK company for a change so will report back when it lands 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd update this thread.

Got the quill hi level titanium.

The end can is very high quality, the bends on the link pipe accurate.

Delivery was next day and made in England which is a nice change these days 

Bad points

the advert says it uses stock heat shields, it does not

It came a nice strap for the end can but no bracket. No issue for me since had some stainless flat bar laying around but it's a consideration20230817_201823.jpg.dfaf14c412d8db9441581f86171203fc.jpg20230817_201851.jpg.e69121d2d5369101457884eb40fba794.jpg