Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Missouri

X54.

I'd been wanting to replace my old 2000 KLR 650 for years but never got around to it. So I sold it instead of hauling it all the way out to the Ozarks when I moved here, thinking I'd buy a new bike here. Supply chain shortages ruined that plan. Almost two years went by before a new T7 finally showed up 200 miles away. After 20 years riding that thumper I was ready for something different, so the parallel twin was a big selling point. What a great motor. The acceleration is hard to believe. So is the fuel mileage: 60+ mpg if I don't push it too hard. And it takes regular gasoline. My KLR never got much over 50 and knocked without premium. I also like having six gears. This bike was worth the wait.

20230513_155932.jpg

• Like 2