Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Pol Tarres on the T7 @Erzberg 2023

Firebolter

And he has a stock routed lower exhaust! This guy is amazing-

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 1

That dude's an absolute freak. I'm tired and sore just from watching him on that nasty rutted hill climb like 11 mins in 😆. His skill level never ceases to amaze me.

6 hours ago, Firebolter said:

“And he has a stock routed lower exhaust…”

Pretty sure if he breaks the bike he’s got the budget to get it fixed and the support from Yamaha for the parts. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 3:30 AM, smd3 said:

Pretty sure if he breaks the bike he’s got the budget to get it fixed and the support from Yamaha for the parts. 

I think the point is, the lower exhaust is not a huge issue. If it could slow him down on a fall then he wouldn't use it. Note that many after market mufflers are narrower than the original so much less likely to clip the swingarm. And the lower exhaust has the benefit of keeping heat away from your luggage and won't incinerate your indicators.

20230505_131554.jpg

Don’t think anyone has said the OEM bracket will slow or impede you. Just will have long term effects if damaged.

• Like 1

aside the low hanging exhaust - this ride is hurting my heart as I have to much mechanical sympathy.

But man can he ride + takes the risk and showing the other on pure enduro bikes how it's done.

If I only had 10% of his abbilities - would already be very gratefull. 

• Like 2

The ease with which he picks the bike up after a fall 😮

Even though the bike is lowered, it ain't no 106kg dirt bike

• Like 2

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

7 hours ago, motonap said:

It is a 160kg dirt bike though. Easy lift.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, DanDoesStunts said:

It is a 160kg dirt bike though. Easy lift.

Wow, is it down that much? I had something like 175kg in mind but I can't really remember.

4 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Wow, is it down that much? I had something like 175kg in mind but I can't really remember.

I read that I was lighter this year. 178kg last year.

Still 50kg lighter than mine anyway 😄

• Like 1

13 hours ago, motonap said:

He’s a big lad, well over 6’.

Hard enduro riders are made of tougher stuff. I’m sure part of his training will be picking that lump up.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2023 at 12:26 PM, Firebolter said:

Jeez......just Jeez......

16 hours ago, Alan M said:

He’s a big lad, well over 6’.

Hard enduro riders are made of tougher stuff. I’m sure part of his training will be picking that lump up.

Who loves to use the word 'Lad' through out the race. "Are you alright there lad" 

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

This is just amazing and he never really sounds out of breath. Amazing what these bikes can do in the right hands.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 2:43 PM, TimeMachine said:

I think the point is, the lower exhaust is not a huge issue. If it could slow him down on a fall then he wouldn't use it. Note that many after market mufflers are narrower than the original so much less likely to clip the swingarm. And the lower exhaust has the benefit of keeping heat away from your luggage and won't incinerate your indicators.

20230505_131554.jpg

who here have reduced the issue with a "narrower " muffler? I'm getting there, the last drop moved the tolerances. I love Camel ADV solutions,  but a muffler change will be easier. 

• Like 1

I have. Used a smaller and narrower exhaust can. It still hits the ground on right side drops but it does not rub on the swing arm anymore.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 12:26 PM, Firebolter said:

So's the bike!

• Like 1

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

10 hours ago, Goody Boy said:

I have. Used a smaller and narrower exhaust can. It still hits the ground on right side drops but it does not rub on the swing arm anymore.

Which one have you used there?

9 hours ago, thepointchris said:

Which one have you used there?

Just a cheap, smaller end can from one of the muffler shops near my place. I believe in the US, you can purchase similar ones off Ebay and Ali Express.

Roof of Africa next??

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.