Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Sat on a Pan Am and a Fatty...

chadio

The air cooled HDs don’t do it for me, not new ones anyway. But, that PanAm with the electronic suspension would be a pretty sweet setup for us short guys. 

I rode the Pan America it was nice with lots of tech, there were two different models when it came out the higher end had adjustable suspension.  But pricey and feels more like a sports touring bike.

The MotoMorini X-Cape.  $8299.  I think it looks cool as hell!!!!!!

04153a_2f2cbd201499478d984cee87b325ad36~mv2.jpg

"ADV  ONE DROP AT A TIME " - Chronicles of Solid

Only the Special model has the Electronic suspension, it can not be added at a later date.

I owned one for 25k KM last year....

I’d put a cruiser in the garage line up, but come on…the pan am is one of the most hideous bikes ever designed. 🤮😂

@Dougie Honda Rune is in the running!

Honda Rune ugly

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

44 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

@Dougie Honda Rune is in the running!

Honda Rune ugly

BEAST!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dougie said:

I’d put a cruiser in the garage line up, but come on…the pan am is one of the most hideous bikes ever designed. 🤮😂

Well, that is what I thought at first, too.  But...  it is growing on me, so to speak.  Very ok with the black base model in my photo.

I don't think the t7 is especially good looking, then I made it worse with the pannier rack and big goofy handguards, but 'function over form' ... and I still have one of the coolest bikes in town.

The RevMax sounds quite nice with the Screamin' Eagle muffler, db killer in place.  Tenere sounds excellent with the factory muffler...  although I love the Arrow sound, just don't need to piss off the neighbors

/edit/  in my book, the best looking Tenere has no handguards, no pannier racks, no crash bars, and fitted with a tail - tidy.  

Edited by chadio
additional info

"ADV  ONE DROP AT A TIME " - Chronicles of Solid

19 hours ago, chadio said:

Well, that is what I thought at first, too.  But...  it is growing on me, so to speak.  Very ok with the black base model in my photo.

I don't think the t7 is especially good looking, then I made it worse with the pannier rack and big goofy handguards, but 'function over form' ... and I still have one of the coolest bikes in town.

The RevMax sounds quite nice with the Screamin' Eagle muffler, db killer in place.  Tenere sounds excellent with the factory muffler...  although I love the Arrow sound, just don't need to piss off the neighbors

/edit/  in my book, the best looking Tenere has no handguards, no pannier racks, no crash bars, and fitted with a tail - tidy.  

Best looking Tenere is 40 years old. 😁🤔. I know looks are subjective. I still think I look 20. 😂😂
nobody else does. 

Edited by Dougie

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Lewie said:

I keep getting drawn to the pan American 

Possible theme song for that bike?

https://youtu.be/GMWp4SWzspw?si=USvcFSROfHs4pa0B

• Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

The Fat Bob is the only Harley I would consider buying at this time.   The rest of their lineup does nothing for me. 

Will the entry of Harley Davidson into the adventure bike market result in Klim releasing a range of Goretex clothing with tassels and howling Wolf motives on the back?

Hope so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/30/2023 at 10:10 PM, chadio said:

Why not...

Well because someone will invariably take a photo of you on them and post it online.  Then the whole world will know 😁

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 5:48 PM, Lewie said:

2022 Milwaukee-based Harley-Davidson Inc. spent nearly $388 million on advertising and research and development last year, an increase of $52 million from 2018, according to securities filings. Harley’s research and development spending climbed to $216.5 million, topping $200 million for the first time.

That left $170 million for advertising.  It's the marketing drawing you Bro.   They spend a lot on marketing and it pays off, Bro

• Like 1

9 hours ago, winddown said:

2022 Milwaukee-based Harley-Davidson Inc. spent nearly $388 million on advertising and research and development last year, an increase of $52 million from 2018, according to securities filings. Harley’s research and development spending climbed to $216.5 million, topping $200 million for the first time.

That left $170 million for advertising.  It's the marketing drawing you Bro.   They spend a lot on marketing and it pays off, Bro

But I don’t really like any other Harley 

On 8/17/2023 at 2:48 AM, Lewie said:

Optical-spiral GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

$170 million for advertising

It's the marketing drawing you Bro

Edited by Hibobb

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

31 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Optical-spiral GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

$170 million for advertising

It's the marketing drawing you Bro

Wouldn’t make me buy one - I not seen one bit of PA marketing 

just visited a local (ish) dealership with a buddy and saw one outside parked up ( not for sale) 

You didn't touch it, did you? 

I read on the internet one time that if you....

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

13 hours ago, Lewie said:

But I don’t really like any other Harley 

Well here's the funny thing, I'd never buy one of that brand, but if I had to, the pan would be the last on the list because it's just so blatantly a marketing ploy.  And that WWII era engine  🧑‍🌾

They are always getting in my way on the roads.  Always!

What they need to do now is pay young girls to come up beside you in the showroom and put a hand on your arm while you're looking at it.  "Is this yours?  Cool bike mister!"

hARLEYGIRL.jpg.8ee5caa8758e37cf784529c8174aab5f.jpg