Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Tenere owner from the Netherlands

leclerq

Hi all,

After a decade of BMW bikes (R 1100 S and K 1300 GT) I got my hands on a new 2023 Tenere in Tech Kamo. I chose Yamaha for its reliability and simplicity and granted; I watched way too many Motology clips on Youtube to pick anything other.

I will be riding mostly on road for now, until I've had my allroad beginners training. A lifetime of on road riding with the luxuries provided by BMW might have introduced some mannerisms that might prove a bit tricky on the track. Telelever, Duolever, integrated ABS... It makes for a lazy rider. Especially with the Dutch (and sometimes Luxembourgish) grade A tarmac.

After some training and experience I'd like to do some light trails - packed dirt, gravel - and I would like to go motocamping, going to friends in Austria and Estonia by bike.

So I'm new to Yamaha, new to Tenere and new to offroading. I might ask some dumb questions, but I'm here to learn and grow. And hopefully meet some likeminded T7 owners here!

• Like 3

Welcome on board!

It's summer, you're Dutch, you ride a bike, I'm based in Luxembourg - it's possible we might meet someday 😉

49 minutes ago, qInvention said:

Welcome on board!

It's summer, you're Dutch, you ride a bike, I'm based in Luxembourg - it's possible we might meet someday 😉

Thanks! I go there yearly actually, this year it's the last week of August. I'll keep an eye out for other Teneres with LU plates!

hey there.   well as the dutch saying go's  : there is no dumb questions.

welcome btw.

• Moderators

Welcome from Arizona!   Motology is a great channel, that bloke really knows his stuff and explains techniques in a a way that's very easy to grasp. Not that I'll be jumping my T7 over 30" logs like him, but it's fun to see that the bike's capabilities are way beyond mine.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Hi from Oz.

Have a look at RideAdv youtooby vids. Greg has a wealth of knowledge about the T7.

He even hosted Cory from Camel ADV recently.

https://www.rideadv.com.au/

Edited by Rider 101
  • Thanks 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Welcome to the team! I usually spend summers in the Balkans with my Husqy Terra, but most of the year I'm in Belgium with the Tenere so we might cross paths on the road somewhere.

You're also very welcome to join us at the Discover Overland traveller's meeting near Maastricht on September 22-24. There will be a lot of other Tenere riders as well.

http://discoveroverland.eu/

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2023 at 9:44 PM, leclerq said:

watched way too many Motology clips on Youtube to pick anything other.

Welcome from Italy.

You have done the right thing watching Riemann videos; but avoid watching Pol Tarres ones… 😆

• Haha 1