Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bad fuelling euro5

N11 EXPRESS

I own a 23 model and i find the fuelling very poor do all bikes sputter whem blipping throttle? 

Ive been riding sports bikes for years and ive a habit of blipping on downshift and the bike chokes when i do 

Even when i blip the throttle when warm there is a huge hesitation there 

I have fitted a aftermarked end can but it was the same with stock pipe 

Is this same with all euro 5 bikes?

Edited by N11 EXPRESS
Spelling
  • Confused 1

• Moderators

@N11 EXPRESSNot an issue I've read about honestly. I blip downshift my T7 all the time and no issues with either the oem or the current Camel Rally pipe. Mine's a 2021 US model and my son's is a 2022 US model ridden the same without that problem.  Seeing as it's a 2023, no doubt still under warranty,  has your dealer looked at it? Might be a different fuel mapping for Euro 5 regs? 

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

10 minutes ago, AZJW said:

@N11 EXPRESSNot an issue I've read about honestly. I blip downshift my T7 all the time and no issues with either the oem or the current Camel Rally pipe. Mine's a 2021 US model and my son's is a 2022 US model ridden the same without that problem.  Seeing as it's a 2023, no doubt still under warranty,  has your dealer looked at it? Might be a different fuel mapping for Euro 5 regs? 

If it's a different mapping, mine doesn't have this issue. Running a HP Corse from day 1, but I've never heard this occur with any exhaust- stock or aftermarket.

• Like 2

Not here on my 22 T7 with Akro can

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 2

Thanks guys thats intresting its so annoying im definitely going to contact the dealer and get his opinion thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N11 EXPRESS said:

Thanks guys thats intresting its so annoying im definitely going to contact the dealer and get his opinion thanks

Definitely let them check it - and keep us posted about any progress mate!

• Like 1

Spoke to dealer today who rides a 23 WR and his bike dont do it either so hes gonna speak to yamaha 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Conclusion to this is 

Dealer spoke to yamaha and they had not got any reports of similar issues in europe and dealer asked me to bring bike in for him to test ride.

Before i did that i decided to drain the fuel tank and put in some fresh fuel and sure enough bike was fine🙂

The bike was only two days old when i had no choice but to stop at a countryside fuel station with pumps that looked like something from the 70s so im guessing i got water in the tank from there 

• Like 2

Glad you sorted it out.  Redline SL-1  Complete Fuel System Cleaner is one of the best, or if not available in your area, any with Techron get the best results...run it for a few tanks to completely clean out the system.

0001085_si-1-complete-fuel-system-cleane

Cleans injectors, carburetors, valve and combustion chamber deposits with a concentrated blend of the most powerful high-temp and low-temp detergents available

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2023 at 5:08 AM, prowlnS10 said:

Glad you sorted it out.  Redline SL-1  Complete Fuel System Cleaner is one of the best, or if not available in your area, any with Techron get the best results...run it for a few tanks to completely clean out the system.

0001085_si-1-complete-fuel-system-cleane

Cleans injectors, carburetors, valve and combustion chamber deposits with a concentrated blend of the most powerful high-temp and low-temp detergents available

Oh good tip thank you

• Like 1