Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Speedometer LCD screen / cover / housing

Zero600

For anyone with a broken speedometer / screen that wants a repair for less than the cost of new unit from Yamaha....

I have parts from a 2022 US model:

LCD screen - Looks perfect.  I cannot verify that it works at this point, but I'll refund you if there's a problem.  US$75

Front housing / cover - No cracks, but there are fine scratches in the clear lens, as well as a few decent dents.  But very functional. US$50.

+ shipping / postage to your address

Having taken apart the speedometer, I can tell you it is simple to disassemble the speedometer and replace any of these parts.  Just a few screws and a typical flex circuit connector for the LCD.  You can keep your main  board which (I assume) holds the odometer.

I also have a back plastic housing as well as the buttons if those are of use to anyone.  The main board is not for sale.

LCD 1.JPG

LCD 2.JPG

Front Cover 1.JPG

Front Cover 2.JPG

• 5 months later...

I am interested in the back housing if it is still available. Two of the three plastic mounting posts are broken off of mine.

IMG_6302.jpeg.af9e01bc71868c7c5b66050ef8f2d361.jpeg

Edited by Dhollow

• 2 months later...

I still have the LCD screen if anyone is interested.  $50 / OBO.  Time to clear out the garage!

Do you still have the front piece ? Black surround and clear lens? $?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 3:44 AM, Zero600 said:

I still have the LCD screen if anyone is interested.  $50 / OBO.  Time to clear out the garage!

Hello I hope all is well. Still available? I am interested in it. Can you pls Whatsapp on +92346 6000 000. 

• 2 weeks later...

@sracer I do have the front piece.  I tried to "clean" the inside and realized that I was actually removing some sort of very thin layer on the back side of the plastic lens - maybe a coating of some kind?  Not sure.  Anyway, it still looks pretty decent and you can have it for the price of shipping.  PM me if interested.

@naveed  Sorry but I really don't feel like messing with international shipping/customs on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

PMd you! My screen did not like when my handguard mount came in contact with it after having a run in with a tree.

On 17/3/2024 at 19:44, Zero600 said:

Todavía tengo la pantalla LCD por si a alguien le interesa. $50/OBO. ¡Es hora de limpiar el garaje!

Quiero la pantalla. Lcd por favor

El 3/17/2024 a las 7:44 PM, Zero600 dijo:

Todavía tengo la pantalla LCD si alguien está interesado. $50 / OBO. ¡Es hora de limpiar el garaje!

Estoy interesado