Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Front brakes went bad

IAbeem

My '23 is almost 4 months old with 3,200 miles and the front brake lever just went half soft. It actually works well and stops hard if I pull the lever in 2 inches but the first half of the lever is completely soft and dead. I have right over 1 inch of dead play before I get brakes. Fluid looks topped off and not too dark. Pads still look new. I'm not even that heavy on the front brake, the back side of my front tire knobs are barely worn.

Has anyone had this happen? I've never had new brakes on a new bike fail like this. There's no adjusting anything so I think bleading is the only option?

I actually bought it about 850 miles out of state. My local dealer monopoly, McGrath, is pure trash. Hoping I can bleed it out straight forward and don't have to do the abs thing. If I have to take it in, I'll be riding it a few hours to a dealer. I don't know if they'd even cover it under warranty as brakes are usually considered a wear item.