Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Back again , tenere number 4

razz007

So I have been back on an mt09 for a few months , but missed the comfort , and pratting about that could be done off road , so spotted a 400 mile old 2023 tenere in blue at my local toy shop . It’s got the fancy tft too , this will be my fourth one owned , so fingers I keep this one a tad longer than the others . Tail tidy and my black widow can going on as soon as it’s home along with the R6 throttle tube too . Lovely jubbly 

dealer photo 

IMG_5649.jpeg.dba0711bd7ec043263b020bb523ba805.jpeg

• Like 2

Have you noticed any differences between bikes ? Do they all seem to shift the same? Same amount of vibration?

Congrats. What's the R6 throttle tube do? I installed oxford heated grips on mine and stock throttle tube seems fine?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcbrien said:

Have you noticed any differences between bikes ? Do they all seem to shift the same? Same amount of vibration?

The first 3 all felt the same , get the fourth later on after work . So will soon find out 

2 hours ago, IAbeem said:

Congrats. What's the R6 throttle tube do? I installed oxford heated grips on mine and stock throttle tube seems fine?

The R6 tube gives a much shorter throttle movement , I have several injuries and this one helps a lot with my knackered wrist 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, neil_ said:

Lol, 4 Tenere's is quite a lot. 😄

It sure is , but I only ever have one at a time , I commute 6 days a week and they really are great for that 

Collected after work and did a lane or two on way home. Exhaust fitted , tail tidy and throttle tube too , sounds amazing she does 

IMG_5702.jpeg.8672098e237491a35442b57542299d8f.jpegIMG_5701.jpeg.4f5b6513f22382e0408297bd8cda9b54.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

Most people havent been able to get 1 and you got 4. lol

First commute on this one this morning , driving rain and roads like rivers , she was awesome , can’t wait to leave off and take in some lanes on my way home 

21 minutes ago, razz007 said:, she was awesome , can’t wait to leave off and take in some lanes on my way home 

Hold that thought 

On 7/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, razz007 said:

Not a clue 

Seriously lol? A different bike, nagging issue, needed money? 

34 minutes ago, vagrant318 said:

Seriously lol? A different bike, nagging issue, needed money? 

Yep , I had 5 x mt09 gen 3 and 4 x tenere before I could make me mind up . Just kept swapping between til happy I suppose

Quick shifter ordered from my local dealer , look forward to banging thru the gears at every single opportunity. Lovely blooming jubbly  

Some nice terrain you get into!  Where are you geographically? 

Edited by roygilbo

18 minutes ago, roygilbo said:

Some nice terrain you get into!  Where are you geographically? 

Thank you 👍🏻 Norfolk uk is where I be 

Edited by razz007
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another fantastic trip out . 6 days commuting , tons of green lanes too during the week , what a cracker she is , and all clean for next weeks work duties , lovely jubbly IMG_5905.jpeg.c36645df5fdde65186520499f3c79b3b.jpegIMG_5906.jpeg.efa12879faa1038feac2a79494d70c3f.jpegIMG_5904.jpeg.3453e392a751a46fff99050ae5b4cd24.jpeg 

• Like 1