Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

They said they cleaned it...

Gary...

...said the official Yamaha dealership; is this condition satisfactory or just about okay, when concerning the T700?

Its a 2021 model, with only 2000 miles on the clock.

20230725_134223.jpg

20230724_185742.jpg

20230710_101357.jpg

20230710_101432.jpg

20230710_101452.jpg

Thanks...

Most dealerships do the least in my experience, so not surprising.  Are you asking if the brake pads are worn?

Cleaning that part of the rear shock is pretty hard, the rest they may have missed. That said, it's generally a good idea to clean your own bike before dropping it of to another Mechanic or doing your own service, helps them a lot and for you to see issues before taking it in. If they take things apart on a dirty bike it can get in the grease, bolts etc.. when re-assembling

• Like 3

quick pressure wash is what they do am guessing. 

To be fair i wouldnt trust anyone else to clean or service my bike, unless it's something beyond me. 

Unless you paid for a valet service, forget about it. 

• Like 3

i dont understand it.  i mean you see your bike and you can say something about it.  if you pay for it and thy said thy cleaned it and you point it out on the spot thy have to do something with it.

unfortunately you nave to check your self as no one is going to do it for you. does not mater the brand

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 11:41 AM, Lukedubvee said:

Shouldn't take much effort to make it shine again!

All much better... 20230723_193840.jpg.8310b6bdb0cb7b8e057c0f4294c3c86b.jpg

Thanks...

2 hours ago, Gary... said:

All much better... 20230723_193840.jpg.8310b6bdb0cb7b8e057c0f4294c3c86b.jpg

You're doing it wrong. It should look like this; 😉

PXL_20230723_143355058.jpg

• Like 2

A shop clean is a lot different to a $500 detail.  The shop clean is just to get the obvious dirt off.  It's a cheap offering but what the real purpose is is getting off all the greasy paw prints the mechanics leave on the bike.  I never let them do it and make them write it on the shop order.  "No after service wash"  Typically an apprentice or a shop soyboy does it and they get water in all the wrong places.  You can do a lot of damage with a pressure cleaner if you're not careful.   On a similar note, I never wear a watch in the shower, waterproof or not.  The soap breaks the water tension between the molecules and allows the water to squeeze into places it typically wouldn't.

• Like 1