Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Commuter tank bag

leclerq

I'm looking for a tank bag that's:

- small, but big enough to fit 11 size shoes

- has a through-hole for a phone charger

- clips away somewhat easily to aid refueling

I'm not a real allroad rider (yet), the intended use is for commuting and (when travelling) as an addition to my Kriega OS luggage.

I've been looking at SW Motech, but they have so much options I can't see the forest for the trees. Also I don't really like the 'ring' they work with.

I like the Giant Loop Fandango, but I'm not sure about the phone compartment. It looks like it can get very condensated under there (on the pictures). Also they look a bit pricey (but that might just be my Dutch upbringing).

Does anyone have some suggestions/experiences?

Mosko Moto Nomax might be just big enough for your shoes. Or another Mosko. They clip away easily and you don't need any visible mounting points.

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

Would a tail bag be better ?

I would have to run a long USB charging cable from the dash then 😉

I have the sw motech yukon 130, 13-17 liter. For manys years now. waterproof, zipper goes 2 ways , so i can put my telephone charge cable to the dash and still close the bag.  One strap aroud steeringhead, 2 others with click system. Open one and move tankbag aside to fuel up. I think its replaced with this one.

SW-Motech SW-MOTECH TANKTAS PRO ENDURO WP 11 LITER voordelig kopen bij Louis. Topmerken ✓ Groot assortiment ✓ Geen risico ✓...

13 minutes ago, leclerq said:

You could put a cable directly on the battery freeing up the dash port 

Yamaha has an oem t700 tankbag, looks same as sw motech.

Art nr BW3-FWTBG-00-00

Nelson-Rigg Trails End fits that description and is not too spendy.

21 hours ago, leclerq said:

I think you should run the Nelson Rigg tail bag.  There are 2 sizes.  If  you need to charge your phone while in the tail bag, use a battery pack.  

Limited-time deal: Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable Charger, 10000mAh Power Bank, Ultra-Compact Battery Pack, High-Speed Charging Technology Phone Charger for iPhone, Samsung and More. https://a.co/d/bxMqTpL

I have an SW Motech Evo Enduro, which seems to meet your demands aswell but I don't know if it's still made. I'm happy with it, it's on my bike for pretty much all the time. Just handy to have some space to put all the items that would otherwise make your pockets bulky. And just as @leclerq asked even a pair of shoes, depending on where you're going by bike. Like meetings where you don't want to sit in offroad boots 😆

I ended up buying a (2nd hand) Nomax. It might fit my shoes, it might not, but I can also MOLLE them to the outside if needed 😉 Will report on daily usability if desired.

• Like 1

Looks like a good choice! The backpack feature seems like a good idea and the overall look is just fine 👍 to suit your needs, you only need the special molle shoe holders and all is fine 🤣

Oh and what I thought to be a joke - in reality it exists (of course): 

– der Schuhbeutel wird mit einem Clip am Molle-Gurtband oder an den Schultergurten deines Rucksacks befestigt Kann auch als separate Tasche...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, qInvention said:

Looks like a good choice! The backpack feature seems like a good idea and the overall look is just fine 👍 to suit your needs, you only need the special molle shoe holders and all is fine 🤣

Oh and what I thought to be a joke - in reality it exists (of course): 

– der Schuhbeutel wird mit einem Clip am Molle-Gurtband oder an den Schultergurten deines Rucksacks befestigt Kann auch als separate Tasche...

Lol I might actually buy that!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had this arrive yesterday...

The reason for buying this was that the practicality and overall build quality is superb...

D100092F-B6CE-4367-B0DC-3199DD15B77F.jpeg.365e0ed9c663bdd110f52c52966015d5.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks...