Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Online "Misinformation " on the T7

AZJW

• Moderators

In looking for answers for @TheoremX brake line/ CEL question,  I came across this website.   It's the most inaccurate article I've seen to date regarding the T700.  I counted 5 errors in the first 2 paragraphs and the list continues.  "Air cooled, adjustable seat & no electronic systems" are just a few of the errors.  Farther down the article this statement "The Tenere’s base engine is a 149cc four-stroke air-cooling single-cylinder. And it comes with overhead camshafts and electronic throttle. You can upgrade it to a 497cc V-twin petrol engine with semi-automatic transmission." 

To me this article was compiled by someone with just enough knowledge to post a bunch of incorrect stats and click on ads to enhance their revenue stream for their advertisers with zero concern about accuracy of the subject matter.

I guess it's no different than click bait on YouTube, but for the uninformed,  it paints a very different picture than reality. Cracks me up what people will put out as " facts" when I guess the point is, if you read it on the internet,  it ain't necessarily true!

https://vehicleing.com/yamaha-tenere-700-problems/

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

10 minutes ago, AZJW said:

In looking for answers for @TheoremX brake line/ CEL question,  I came across this website.   It's the most inaccurate article I've seen to date regarding the T700.  I counted 5 errors in the first 2 paragraphs and the list continues.  "Air cooled, adjustable seat & no electronic systems" are just a few of the errors.  Farther down the article this statement "The Tenere’s base engine is a 149cc four-stroke air-cooling single-cylinder. And it comes with overhead camshafts and electronic throttle. You can upgrade it to a 497cc V-twin petrol engine with semi-automatic transmission." 

To me this article was compiled by someone with just enough knowledge to post a bunch of incorrect stats and click on ads to enhance their revenue stream for their advertisers with zero concern about accuracy of the subject matter.

I guess it's no different than click bait on YouTube, but for the uninformed,  it paints a very different picture than reality. Cracks me up what people will put out as " facts" when I guess the point is, if you read it on the internet,  it ain't necessarily true!

https://vehicleing.com/yamaha-tenere-700-problems/

This might even be made up by some kind of artificial not-so-intelligence.

• Like 1

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

This might even be made up by some kind of artificial not-so-intelligence.

That was my thought as well, but a Chloe Thompson did put her name on it so it probably was reviewed at least once?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

23 minutes ago, AZJW said:

That was my thought as well, but a Chloe Thompson did put her name on it so it probably was reviewed at least once?

Hopefully! But if so, I have some small doubts about her qualifications for reviewing technical articles 😁

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sunndog said:

A 1500cc 200kg yamaha adv bike?

Shut up and take my money!!! 😆

Still in the game with 149cc? 😁😁😁

2 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Still in the game with 149cc? 😁😁😁

I wondered why the "upgrade" was 500cc 😆

• Haha 1