Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Plug change.

Mapbook

I just had the plugs changed last Monday at 16,000 miles (the book says 12,000) the bike was running good no misfires, no appreciable wear on the electrodes both plugs were the right colour.

The bike felt smoother in traffic other than that no difference that i could feel with the new plugs, i might push them to 20,000 this time.

• Like 1

I was planning to change mine at 20k miles. Only 500 to go. Not looking forward to it.

I change mine at 16,000 miles they were both showing wear.  There not that bad to do with the right tools 20-30 minutes. 

47 minutes ago, Jesse said:

There not that bad to do with the right tools 20-30 minutes. 

Exactly! Told yourself it wasn't going to be all that bad and took it slow and steady the first time! Second time was even easier cuz there was no mystery! "Clubby" shows how for his first time in this YT vid.

@thruster were your valves in spec? My dealer says they rarely see any valves out of spec on CP2 engines but there's mention of some being out of spec in another thread on here.

15 hours ago, Uncle M said:

@thruster were your valves in spec? My dealer says they rarely see any valves out of spec on CP2 engines but there's mention of some being out of spec in another thread on here.

16 hours ago, NeilW said:

How much did they charge?

20230811_125628.jpg

• Like 1