Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Ducati and Kawasaki dreaming....

chadio

Sat on the 950 Hypermotard and the KLX 300.

Two different worlds but terribly cool in my book....  The Hyper kind of reminds me of an upright and tall Monster (I had a '96 750 for 6 years)  that begs you to be a pavement hooligan.  The KLX300  feels like a little toy that begs you to go out and play in the dirt and not worry about picking it up (Weighs virtually nothing).

hyper 9.jpg

klx cano.jpg

• Like 2

"ADV  ONE DROP AT A TIME " - Chronicles of Solid

My buddy has a 22 klx300 and it's honestly amazed me at how capable it is, even on the road. You're not gonna win any races, but it's a really solid platform. Seems to be built pretty well. It's perfect for cruising around back roads and exploring trails. I'd probably own one or a crf300l if I didn't have too many toys already haha.

• Like 1

Interesting side note - now that I am used to the Tenere being tall,  and the neutral riding position, anything else just feels wrong.  I could not flat - foot either the Hyper or the KLX and I was ok with that.  Both felt excellent and sexy in their own way.  Need to start buying powerball tickets 😆

Also, I need to quit being a big vjj and get my T7 dirty and enjoy offroad riding again!!!!!

• Like 1

"ADV  ONE DROP AT A TIME " - Chronicles of Solid

• 1 month later...

I think the newer multistradas are sexy AF!
Not the old ones with the dorkomatic front end, they weren’t!  Dog wouldn’t even chase it!

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2023 at 4:19 PM, chadio said:

Anyone else have a Kawasaki or Ducati (any model) tugging at your soul????

I have a 2021 KLX300.

IMG_2517.png.7f850ef0df69e68622953e954f321c9c.png

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1