Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

The prototype has a high mount for a dirt fender!

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Nice! Gives us an option of running both street and dirt tires without having to buy extra parts. ? 

Fabros

• 4 months later...

On the Tenere 660 these bolt holes are used for a tow hook so the bike can be pulled out of trouble. It's a nice touch.

I personally like the low guard on the T7 and especially how they have made it in two parts so you can raise the guard 20-30mm if required. The low mount would also work better in hot conditions because there is better airflow to the radiator compared to the high mount where the back half of the guard blocks a big portion of the radiator. Counter to that though, the rear half of the high mount guard can also protect the radiator better from mud, or least it does on my Husqvarna 650. 

• 2 weeks later...

The high front guard can be ordered from dealer .. 

I was asked when I order mine if I was going to get one .. like the look of lower but will have to see what they look like in the flesh before swapping 

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

The high front guard can be ordered from dealer .. 

I was asked when I order mine if I was going to get one .. like the look of lower but will have to see what they look like in the flesh before swapping 

I predict that it would be much cheaper to just get a dirtbike fender online, like from a Yamaha WR 450 and mount it yourself with two bolts and washers. 

At least in the USA, where dealers mark up parts very high. 

I'll be installing this on mine. 

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/acerbis-front-fender-p?v=750

But with the high mudguard you'll ned other brakelines in front - they are closing/together over the original guard... just to mention before planning.

I'll hold the original guard and check what alternatives will be available until the next winter season.

Archived