Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Urgent question for the brains trust

Neil

Question

Hi all. I am currently in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan trying to source a new battery for my faulty one (won't hold a charge). The exact battery size is proving extremely difficult to find here. Can anyone tell me the maximum dimensions of a battery that will fit in the T7 (especially height) without getting squashed by the seat. Also is 9 Ah OK ?(I believe 8.6 is stock)

Many thanks to you all 

12 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Neil said:

PXL_20230823_054521918.jpg.2719d6be810378efde760d9a61c4ec48.jpg

Which would you go for? Apologies for my ignorance on these things.

12 Women Who Stole The Show From Their Friends | Reckon Talk

• Haha 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

6 in. x 3 7⁄16 in. x 3 11⁄16 in.
Weight:  
Metric Dimensions: 150mm x 87mm x 93mm

Smaller (within reason) will work. 

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

3 minutes ago, Hibobb said:
6 in. x 3 7⁄16 in. x 3 11⁄16 in.
Weight:  
Metric Dimensions: 150mm x 87mm x 93mm

Smaller (within reason) will work. 

Hmmm. The one they have available is 108mm height. Time for a rethink. Thanks.

the size i gave you was the size of the stock battery. I am not at my bike but I am sure there is some clearance. Worst case, you cut some of your seat pan away.

Push start your bike and take it to where you are getting the battery and try it.

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 2

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Neil, there should be some space above the battery due to the underseat storage area. You could check if this "compartment" sits directly above your battery (I have a rally seat with a bigger compartment, so can't check it).

If this is the case, you can probably use 20-30mm higher batteries than stock. Good luck and save travels!

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Neil, there should be some space above the battery due to the underseat storage area. You could check if this "compartment" sits directly above your battery (I have a rally seat with a bigger compartment, so can't check it).

If this is the case, you can probably use 20-30mm higher batteries than stock. Good luck and save travels!

Yes, the tool kit is immediately above the battery, I was actually just looking at it. I think 108mm height would be fine.

• Like 2

advgoats.com

Hello again. Just to follow up: these are the 2 batteries I have to choose from. As you can see, one is

12V, 9Ah, 200A

and the other

12V, 8Ah, 135A

Would either of these be PXL_20230823_054521918.jpg.2719d6be810378efde760d9a61c4ec48.jpgOK to use in the T7? Which would you go for? Apologies for my ignorance on these things.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

Hello again. Just to follow up: these are the 2 batteries I have to choose from. As you can see, one is

12V, 9Ah, 200A

and the other

12V, 8Ah, 135A

Would either of these be PXL_20230823_054521918.jpg.2719d6be810378efde760d9a61c4ec48.jpgOK to use in the T7? Which would you go for? Apologies for my ignorance on these things.

In terms of capacity (Ah) and max current (A) bigger is always better.

• Like 2