Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anyone running a 45ltr top box?

sunndog

I could do with a top box for practical reasons and trying to work out if a 45ltr aluminium type would look too big on the t7

If you've got any pics I'd love to see em 

Ebay top box. It doesn't rattle on rough terrain but I usually take it off for off road riding. 

s-l500.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 45L Trunk Luggage Tail Box Tour Pack For Touring Cruiser Motorcycle Waterproof at the...

20230417_171010.jpg

20230417_171025.jpg

• Like 1

Ah nice one lads cheers.

That 45 does look large eh.

Wonder if I can get away with a 30ltr?

I have an SW Motech 38 l.

Need it for some commuting, as it is more practical then the side luggage for this use, but it’s hard to look at the bike when that thing is on…

And keep in mind that the the Tenere is already a little bit top heavy: so side luggage for travel and top box for home - office - home or some little trip to local shops.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Maurizio_M said:

Need it for some commuting, as it is more practical then the side luggage for this use, but it’s hard to look at the bike when that thing is on…

And keep in mind that the the Tenere is already a little bit top heavy: so side luggage for travel and top box for home - office - home or some little trip to local shops.

Ooh any chance of a pic from the back please mate?

38ltr is the other one I was considering before going for one of the flatter 30ltr ones

But yeah it will be an eyesore and definitely won't see offroad but the t7 is a workhorse too and I filter too aggressively for for hard panniers lol

1 hour ago, sunndog said:

Ooh any chance of a pic from the back please mate?

Tomorrow I will take a pic. But the bike is in garage without wheels, on a stand… (It’s Bart Tubeless time 😉 )

Hope it will be enough to show the top case and let you understand the proportions.

36 minutes ago, Maurizio_M said:

Tomorrow I will take a pic. But the bike is in garage without wheels, on a stand… (It’s Bart Tubeless time 😉 )

Hope it will be enough to show the top case and let you understand the proportions.

Brilliant mate thank you, much appreciated 👍 

Mines only small🤭, but generally fits what I need and it’s only 4 bolts to take it off. 

IMG_5359.jpeg

IMG_5312.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sunndog said:

Brilliant mate thank you, much appreciated 👍 

IMG_2430.jpeg.1734352486046ac3f627d444c0d59030.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg.f5894c366cb87b2b5fb8f2abe3baaf9b.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg.2aad16eeb0365a2f3e3110971f0d6bf0.jpeg

IMG_2427.jpeg.39857a434502f09ed39b32e5659c5907.jpeg

IMG_2426.jpeg.54a9fada2edfa0dc9f7898d751501457.jpeg

Here they are: top case and rack by SW Motech pics.

Sorry for the perspective, but as I wrote the space is tight…

• Like 1

Found this one I reckon is the winner

36ltr and a foot on a side so should look a little better.

Downside is looks the same quality as the cheap 45ltr jobs but somehow more expensive 🙄

Edited by sunndog

On 8/25/2023 at 7:50 AM, Maurizio_M said:

Hard to look at is a truthful statement.  Unless there are hard side cases, a top box on its own is downright (IMHO) visually wrong.  

• Like 1

To each his own, but can’t imagine much I’d rather not do to a bike, especially a T7 (besides crash it). Just all sorts of wrong for me, especially on its own. There has be a better way.

• Like 1

Box turned up today. 

Glad I went for the smaller one. Still an eyesore but the right scale for the skinny t7.

20230829_102044.jpg

20230829_102104.jpg

20230829_102121.jpg