Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Fitted some bits

razz007

Rear brake pedal , headlight cover and shorter screen . Pedal n cover from AliExpress , screen from uk eBay , all fitted perfectly . Lovely jubbly 

IMG_6156.jpeg.8f0379f24a51dde9ec00c222a2aa8d02.jpegIMG_6159.jpeg.26b6ef5558a1890a4e4b49a96dadf027.jpeg

Edited by razz007

• razz007 changed the title to Fitted some bits

I never had a problem with the rear brake pedal after I installed a good set of sintered pads.  Those factory pads are useless.

• Like 1

I did that extension right of the bat, still feel like I have to take my foot of the peg to get full braking. Would like to try the camel fix, I already put on a bunch of there parts. Was hoping I wasn’t going to buy all of them haha

2 hours ago, AKPrice said:

I did that extension right of the bat, still feel like I have to take my foot of the peg to get full braking. Would like to try the camel fix, I already put on a bunch of there parts. Was hoping I wasn’t going to buy all of them haha

I did the Camel lever and EBC sintered pads on mine. It initially felt soft so I bled the rear as well. Once the pads bedded in there was a huge improvement.

On 8/31/2023 at 3:30 PM, winddown said:

I never had a problem with the rear brake pedal after I installed a good set of sintered pads.  Those factory pads are useless.

Standing, I have a big issue with the OEM brake lever.  Will just the pad swap help with this?

Sintered pads (high metal content in the friction material) will give much improved bite. The trade off with this is that they will also wear your discs/rotors out much faster. I recently switched my worn out stock pads for EBC sintered and the improvement in braking is quite noticeable.

Edited by neil_
  • Like 1

When I tried EBC pads, I got brake squeal until pads warmed up. Went back to stock pads . Only bought EBC because Brembo were out of stock.

On 9/2/2023 at 12:05 PM, r1superstar said:

Standing, I have a big issue with the OEM brake lever.  Will just the pad swap help with this?

Well it depends what you mean by big issue?  Are you having to stomp on the brake so hard that the bike slides sideways when the rear locks?  The ECB sintered pads will solve that, it did for me.   If your problem is you can't get a good purchase on the pedal with your boot then your boots are the issue or your legs/ foot positioning.  In that case you might benefit from a larger pedal.  

I fitted Cory's Camel "Fix" and love it.

I would almost go to say it is the single best mod I have done.

• Like 3

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

10 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

I fitted Cory's Camel "Fix" and love it.

I would almost go to say it is the single best mod I have done.

I'd love to get one but have lowered my pivot pegs, the recommendation is this might not work with the "fix".

Has anyone tried???

• Like 1

15 hours ago, winddown said:

Well it depends what you mean by big issue?  Are you having to stomp on the brake so hard that the bike slides sideways when the rear locks?  The ECB sintered pads will solve that, it did for me.   If your problem is you can't get a good purchase on the pedal with your boot then your boots are the issue or your legs/ foot positioning.  In that case you might benefit from a larger pedal.  

My boots (A* Tech 7s)  nor my foot/leg positioning is the issue.  The pedal travel is too much and can't get a positive grab without having to really press my toes down.  I've adjusted the pedal up and it helped, but will probably need to adjust it more.  

Edited by r1superstar

Another vote Camel “fix”. That plus Galfer pads, bleed in some fresh dot 4 & your stock rear brake woes are over. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 9:36 AM, r1superstar said:

The pedal travel is too much and can't get a positive grab without having to really press my toes down.  I've adjusted the pedal up and it helped, but will probably need to adjust it more.  

sounds like better pads will help.  It's a cheap fix

On 9/4/2023 at 6:14 AM, Stevoh said:

I'd love to get one but have lowered my pivot pegs, the recommendation is this might not work with the "fix".

Has anyone tried???

Pivot pegs seem to fix a lot of issues, that clutch cover one among them

On 9/4/2023 at 9:28 PM, Hollybrook said:

@Stevoh My pegs are lowered 30mm and I modified the pedal to accommodate. It was quick and easy to do. 

https://www.tenere700.net/topic/5621-the-fix-t7-rear-brake-pedal/?do=findComment&comment=69066

That looks like a neat job, I think I will have a go👍

Which tip is that in the pic?

Edited by Stevoh