Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Power Vision 3 is here for my 2023

razz007

And it can’t read the ecu , have watched many vids , but none out there on the 2023 euro 5 tenere , the unit is the correct one , so have contacted tech support , you tube shows the option to read ecu in vehicle details , mine doesn’t . Will up date when I hear back , I take it the red diagnostic port is the one plugged into the phone connection unit under the seat ? Cos I can’t see another one in there ? 

Day 1 update . Dynojet in the states have been excellent , the problem is the ecu in my tenere is not known to them ? So they are looking into it . 

• 1 month later...

Hey Razz,

I am wondering about this as I have a 2024 in the US. I too could not find any other diagnostic port except the one that is plugged into the bluetooth dongle, which is how the phone app connects to the bike (below) and looks like the Euro 5 plug. So I was thinking I'd have to disconnect that bluetooth dongle to plug in the PV3. 

But after reading your post, wondering if there is some issue with this diagnostics port in which it is not compatible with the PV3. Do you have any more details on why DynoJet says it won't work for your bike?

image.png.aa254047e02209047a2b2e609aff4a01.png

10 hours ago, chadrichardson7 said:

Hey Razz,

I am wondering about this as I have a 2024 in the US. I too could not find any other diagnostic port except the one that is plugged into the bluetooth dongle, which is how the phone app connects to the bike (below) and looks like the Euro 5 plug. So I was thinking I'd have to disconnect that bluetooth dongle to plug in the PV3. 

But after reading your post, wondering if there is some issue with this diagnostics port in which it is not compatible with the PV3. Do you have any more details on why DynoJet says it won't work for your bike?

image.png.aa254047e02209047a2b2e609aff4a01.png

Hello there , Dynojet said my Ecu wasn’t on there list as the bike is too new , if you send them a copy of your ecu number , they’ll be able to tell you if yours will work or not . The PV does indeed plug into the red plug 

5 hours ago, razz007 said:

Hello there , Dynojet said my Ecu wasn’t on there list as the bike is too new , if you send them a copy of your ecu number , they’ll be able to tell you if yours will work or not . The PV does indeed plug into the red plug 

@razz007 Gotcha. I came across Woolich Racing that does explicitly show they support my ECU (Part #:BNW-8591A-00) again, which is a 2024, so maybe they support yours as well?). I'll  be looking more into them today as I've done a full de-cat exhaust (from Black Widow as well) and open air box lid (3d Printed at home) and a Tusk foam air filter. And none of the big guys (Rapid Bike or DynoJet) state they support a 2024 so I thought I was SOL on any way to adjust for tuning.

I do have a question into @2 Wheel DynoWorks to confirm they can flash a 2024. But I'm also looking into wanting to eventually do my own tweaking and installing wide band sensors. Currently FT ECU only shows support for up to the 2022 Tenere. 

• Supporting Vendor
59 minutes ago, chadrichardson7 said:

@razz007 Gotcha. I came across Woolich Racing that does explicitly show they support my ECU (Part #:BNW-8591A-00) again, which is a 2024, so maybe they support yours as well?). I'll  be looking more into them today as I've done a full de-cat exhaust (from Black Widow as well) and open air box lid (3d Printed at home) and a Tusk foam air filter. And none of the big guys (Rapid Bike or DynoJet) state they support a 2024 so I thought I was SOL on any way to adjust for tuning.

I do have a question into @2 Wheel DynoWorks to confirm they can flash a 2024. But I'm also looking into wanting to eventually do my own tweaking and installing wide band sensors. Currently FT ECU only shows support for up to the 2022 Tenere. 

Yup! We can flash and tune all US model Tenere 700s.

• Like 2

2wheellogo.jpg

1 hour ago, chadrichardson7 said:

Hello there , mine was set up on a Woolwich dyno last week , full black widow and dna filter , it’s amazing how lean it was , but she is now perfect , very smooth and pulls a billion percent better  

• Like 1

@razz007 Please come back after blowing some Tanks through your engine and Tell me how your mileage was before and after tuning.

• Like 1

That’s easy , before was 59.9mpg . Now 48.8mpg average . Off roading this weekend , so it will drop . I reset every morning to check . Will just say the bike is soooooooo much smoother , and a much better bike for it . I usually drop in the garage around 150miles , normally have around a 3.5 to 4l left in it . Will report again soon . I ride 6 days a week . So soon getting thru the juice