Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

3 wire LED turn signals with DRL?

RiderEh

Has anyone found cheaper LED blinkers/flashers/signal lights that have 3 wire so you can use the daytime running light function? I know Cyclops does and likely some other more expensive brands, but wondering about the cheaper stuff as this stuff always risks breaking anyways.

• RiderEh changed the title to 3 wire LED turn signals with DRL?

I have these and am happy with them: 

Kinstecks [New Version] 4PCS Motorcycle Indicators Flowing Turn Signal Lights Motorbike Turning Indicators Daytime Running Lights Brake Lights 12V for Motorcycle Motorbike https://a.co/d/01fBn1K

6 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

I have these and am happy with them: 

Kinstecks [New Version] 4PCS Motorcycle Indicators Flowing Turn Signal Lights Motorbike Turning Indicators Daytime Running Lights Brake Lights 12V for Motorcycle Motorbike https://a.co/d/01fBn1K

A friend has those but I find them hard to see, and some of his LEDs are already failing. I'm think of going for some two wires and adding a diode so I can run the drl.

That's strange. Mine are very bright and have worked fine for over a year. I like them so much that I bought a spare pair to put on the shelf in case one of these fails. 

I had the DRL indicators from the factory on my old Africa twin. I have to say I was kind of worried about someone glancing in my direction while pulling out of a junction and mistaking them for me indicating. I'm glad the Tenere doesn't have them as standard. We all know how easily confused some of our fellow road users can become. 😕

• Like 1

So just to clarify, the front turn signals are 3 wire and the rear two wire? Or does the third wire go to the brake light or license plate light? Does anyone know which colour wire is the DRL?

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

So I have a potential solution if anyone is interested. I'm not sure the resistor is necessary if you use a LED flasher relay. I'm going to be experimenting with this as I have everything but resistors.

I wanted to keep my DRL function but change out my Signals to LEDs. Looking online i found a few overly complicated or expensive methods of converting 2-wire signals into 3-wire signals. I decided to dumb it back down and...