Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

A different look

razz007

I like the stripped out look of the new bmw f900gs . So whipped the panels off and with a cut here n there and some plastic fillets . It could work I recon . Not to difficult to move all electrics to inner frame area , drop the battery box to squeeze the ecu thru and bobs ya uncle 
IMG_6290.jpeg.e21c3bdfd838ddeeeeef801bf3894b52.jpegIMG_6289.jpeg.7b8813b625bc87ca3808016602051dc6.jpeg

Weirdly, when I saw a pic of the bmw, I instantly thought they need to stop being lazy and finish it with a tail piece 😁. I really like German kit, loved my Corrado, but they could really do with asking the Italians or brits to finish off their designs. (Sorry, @Tenerider 😉). The first bite is with the eye and all that. 
Saying that, because of hipsters, most modern bikes can’t even take your arse and some bags anymore. just a beer mat on a spring for a seat, and one mirror to check your beard hasn’t moved. 🍺

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dougie said:

Weirdly, when I saw a pic of the bmw, I instantly thought they need to stop being lazy and finish it with a tail piece 😁. I really like German kit, loved my Corrado, but they could really do with asking the Italians or brits to finish off their designs. (Sorry, @Tenerider 😉). The first bite is with the eye and all that. 
Saying that, because of hipsters, most modern bikes can’t even take your arse and some bags anymore. just a beer mat on a spring for a seat, and one mirror to check your beard hasn’t moved. 🍺

Couldn't agree more in regards of Bavarian (!) design 😁

• Haha 1

I'm having trouble deciding which top-knot to get, the Vanilla, or the braided.  Which do ya recon would be more suited to average Australian back-roads?

idiots.jpg.56ad18198962b31d24a07624b2209bbc.jpg

• Haha 2

On 9/18/2023 at 11:34 PM, winddown said:

I'm having trouble deciding which top-knot to get, the Vanilla, or the braided.  Which do ya recon would be more suited to average Australian back-roads?

idiots.jpg.56ad18198962b31d24a07624b2209bbc.jpg

Would you need to cut a hole in the back of your helmet? 😁
im sure in aus, if you had that, a friendly sheep shearer would help you remove it 😂 for your own good. 

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2023 at 5:49 PM, katana said:

Saving weight by leaving a bare frame is laziness.  #BMW #Aprilia #Ducati 

I suspect it's more about saving money at the factory, and in that regard it works.  Of course then you have to market the thing to an unsuspecting public, so you spin it as being Cool.  You invent a new name, "Naked" now it's a streetfighter, badass.   Streetfighter was a name bogans came up I'm sure.

I'll let reddit explain it.

r/motorcycles 8 yr. ago

I'm the proud owner of a 95 CBR 600 F3. It wasn't in the most beautiful condition when I purchased it. Even less so now after I overconfidently took it on a winding mountain road and low sided going too wide in a curve.

wreck-.jpg.6b047d8d8d74bc33651bf9efcbe593e2.jpg

I've recently fixed everything mechanically and have been riding again...    at about 75-80 mph at the fairings were rattling to a point that I was afraid they might come off.  I stopped to secure everything as much as I could but I'm curious about what the rest of the community has done in similar situations.

If I understand correctly I can either pay an exorbitant amount of money to have the fairing replaced, I can turn it in to a street fighter, or I can just keep riding it like this. Any thoughts?

8 yr. ago

Turn it into a streetfighter

• Like 2