Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Solution to high seat for short guys.

WingVetteStrom

Hi, 5’7” and a 30” inseam here.  I’m personally not happy unless I’m flat footed, although some might disagree.   

Solutions:

1. Lowered the seat at a custom seat place.  (Same seat pan.).  Helped some but still didn’t cut it.  

2.  Bought Daytona boots with a 1” higher heel than normal.   Helped some more but still wasn’t completely flat foot.  (Not a real fan of the boots as they have zippers, but no other options any where I looked.)

3. Lowered the bike with Alt Rider adjustable links by 7/10ths of an inch.   Now perfect. 

Notes: The Alt Rider links offer three positions (two lower and one higher), and initially I chose 1.2” lower but that made it hard to get the bike up on the center stand.   (Yamaha stand.) Plus, the less ground clearance I lose the better.  
It wasn’t necessary to install Alt Rider’s adjustable side stand as I just took off my side stand foot farkle and hooked a portable one to the bike for soft ground.  Bike leans over sufficiently on the OEM side stand.   

Edited by WingVetteStrom

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.