Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Battery jump pack suggestions.

Stevoh

• Premium Member

@Stevoh NOCO GB20. It's idiot proof and comes with nice jump leads. To be honest you should not really need jumper if you keep the battery in bike fresh i.e. < 5 year old.

On 9/18/2023 at 6:31 PM, Noel McCutcheon said:

@Stevoh NOCO GB20. It's idiot proof and comes with nice jump leads. To be honest you should not really need jumper if you keep the battery in bike fresh i.e. < 5 year old.

I have actually been looking at the noco, seems solid but might be on the heavy/large ( side(1kg), I do some fairly hard trails at times and with all my camping gear etc  so I need to keep weight and space down, might still be a good option though.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Stevoh said:

I have actually been looking at the noco, seems solid but might be on the heavy/large ( side(1kg), I do some fairly hard trails at times and with all my camping gear etc  so I need to keep weight and space down, might still be a good option though.

Not too heavy... It has a good torch light and USB outlet.

• Premium Member

@Stevoh If I was (or you were) wanting a battery pack for only for charging and or using phones etc then I'd say just carry a small light-weight lithium battery pack for topping up of phones etc eg. without jump leads. However, if needing to and wanting to boost the bike's battery for (emergency) jump starting the bike then you will need a decent jumper pack one and leads like the Noco GB20. And as said if you don't overly tax or use / drain the bike's battery with engine off and it is < 4 year old then jumping it (apart from unexpected emergency) should not be needed, as if running / charging peripheral phone devices when bike isn't running from a small battery non-jumper pack, which you can charge up as you ride, then that be ideal light weight option. Choice is yours.

7 hours ago, Noel McCutcheon said:

@Stevoh If I was (or you were) wanting a battery pack for only for charging and or using phones etc then I'd say just carry a small light-weight lithium battery pack for topping up of phones etc eg. without jump leads. However, if needing to and wanting to boost the bike's battery for (emergency) jump starting the bike then you will need a decent jumper pack one and leads like the Noco GB20. And as said if you don't overly tax or use / drain the bike's battery with engine off and it is < 4 year old then jumping it (apart from unexpected emergency) should not be needed, as if running / charging peripheral phone devices when bike isn't running from a small battery non-jumper pack, which you can charge up as you ride, then that be ideal light weight option. Choice is yours.

Yeah space/weight vs performance.

It's not unknown for one of us to drown a bike, or get stuck in gullies with a bike dropped multiple times getting out, all these can empty a battery pretty quick, the noco may be the one.

• Like 1