Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure Spec review

Jason

Great, honest and realistic review by someone who actually made a long journey with the bike under demanding circumstances. Not as much BS as some/many other reviews out there from people riding the bike for a day or two.

The T7 is right in the middle between dirt bikes and "adventure bikes",  which your really can tell from the different types of reviews. 

The complaints from both perspectives are interestingly different in some respects and similar in others..

Conclusion: ride first, then adapt if necessary...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to say I really liked the review and honesty. It was clear he was rather surprised by the bike but I suppose if your sole intention is off road/dune/single track riding. Of course a smaller lighter bike would be a far far better.

For me the Tenere ticks a lot of boxes, its not bad on fuel so good for my daily commute, it's fun to drive and feels like you are really working the engine in twisty roads (I came from an MT10 which always felt like the bike was wasted on me) and then if you want to do a spot of off-roading you can without issue. 

As an all rounder, it is extremely hard to beat I think. 

• 4 months later...

Good review, used the AS panniers many times, great because:

light and slash proof

made of canvass which is easy to work and roll top where as pvc when cold isn't.

mounted low to keep weight where it needs to be.

carries all things for a weeks camping and stuff.

waterproof

very easy to mount

rear external pockets for cooker fuel and water.

not that expensive either.

just ordered another set so looking forward to sone rough camping soon!

Edited by Matth

• 1 month later...