Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Dutch member

Forza

Hi all,

I'm Stefan from the south of the Netherlands and last friday I picked up my new T7 World Raid, already put 320km on it the next day! Never managed to do that with my previous bike (KTM 890 Duke R), after about 120km I was wasted on that bike. The Duke was my dream bike and enjoyed it on the short evening runs, but I noticed I didn't want to go on all day rides on it. The main reason to switch to a ADV bike is the comfort and long(er) range abilities as well as going off road such as the TET. 

I chose the Tenere because of the relative simplicity of the bike and proven reliability. 890 Adventure (R) would have been a more logical choice coming off the 890 Duke. Although I didn't have any issues with the Duke, the reliability of the KTM's is a bit notorious on the internet so I wrote that one off. Also tried the Tuareg 660 twice before riding a Tenere but wasn't impressed. Mostly because of the (a bit) gutless and peaky engine and not yet proven reliability.

After riding a standard Tenere I was quite surprised, the engine is lovely with more grunt than the Tuareg and the suspension wasn't all that bad. With the promise that the WR had better suspension I was sold on it. I also helps it looks the business 😀.

After a few days of letting my mind settle on it I sold my KTM to my dealer and half an hour later put in the order for the WR. A week later I picked it up!

tenere.PNG.169fde17eed17afaaeb6fdbf902c4d0f.PNG

Already installed the Yamaha bash plate and have Barkbusters and Acerbis chain guide ready to be put on, more pictures soon!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...