Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Washington state

Delta Whiskey

Hi all -

New T7 owner here. I upgraded from an MT-03, starter bike, and have loved this new one so far.

I use my bike to commute to work, go out for pleasure rides (sometimes with my son on back), and got the T7 specifically so I can go on trails; I took a dirt bike course in the spring with my son. I've been an active off-roader with a Jeep Wrangler for over 4 years.

My "new" bike is a 2022 that had only 10 miles on it. The first owner had put on Hepco & Becker, crash bars, barkbusters, and replaced the rear spring. Unfortunately, he apparently had a health issue can couldn't ride any longer.

My first plans, besides riding it as much as possible, are to outfit it with a center stand, a pannier rack (for soft luggage and to protect the exhaust), a top box with rack with nice grips, and freeway pegs. I also need to get dirt boots.

Nice to meet you all.

Cheers,

David

2022 T7.jpg

[Edit] I should have mentioned that I was on the fence between the T7 and an Aprilia Tuareg 660, but a test ride on it with a very hot seat and a few other factors swung me over to the T7.

Edited by Delta Whiskey
Add a note
  • Like 1

Welcome. You are going to have alot of fun with the T7. I have a brand never uninstall OEM center stand for sale. Tell me a fair price and it could be yours. 

1 minute ago, thruster said:

Welcome. You are going to have alot of fun with the T7. I have a brand never uninstall OEM center stand for sale. Tell me a fair price and it could be yours. 

Thank you, thruster. My buddy got a 1250 GS so I'll have someone to ride street and trail with.

I appreciate the offer for the OEM center stand. I was thinking of going with AltRider for the lighter weight of aluminum.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Redneckj said:

Welcome to the forum.  I live near Puyallup.  

I went to Roger’s High School.

• Like 1