Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Stopping instrument cluster shakes

406T7

Question

What's your favorite method for stopping the dash shakes? Has anyone tried anything other than Camel ADV's ABH brackets? Anyone tried something like NICECNC'S bracket?

Tusk crash bars/pannier & top racks/hardcases/footpad/Olympus tank bag, Rox risers, fleabay tail tidy, Delkevic full exhaust w/ 14" carbon oval can

11 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, 406T7 said:

What's your favorite method for stopping the dash shakes? Has anyone tried anything other than Camel ADV's ABH brackets? Anyone tried something like NICECNC'S bracket?

Almost everyone here uses @CamelADV's solution - for good reason.

It's affordable, extremely well made, works perfectly and the customer service is second to none.

Only the ones which use the lower light unit bolts really help, some other cockpit stabilizers only connect the dash to the crossbar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

It's affordable, extremely well made, works perfectly and the customer service is second to none

100% right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I have the donner-tech stabiliser. Made from aluminium, very light and beautiful made and fitted on the back of the dash, so not visible. A very clean solution. And it works great. Maybe a bit more expensive, but real quality. I also have their gps adaptor.

Our "Cockpit-Stabilizer" puts an end to the wobbling of the unstable cockpit strut of the Tenere 700. On bumpy roads, the Tenere 700's cockpit tends...

• Thanks 1

I have the Camel brace for my T7, I also had the Camel brace when I owned an Africa twin. Both perform flawlessly. I recommend the camel brace. 😄  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, neil_ said:

I have the Camel brace for my T7, I also had the Camel brace when I owned an Africa twin. Both perform flawlessly. I recommend the camel brace. 😄  

Me too

Works fine 

• Like 3

The Camel solution also solves the equally annoying headlight rattle, which even mildly rough night riding makes immediately apparent.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BikeBrother said:

donner-tech stabiliser

That's a nice design, but yes, quite pricey, especially if you have to also pick up one of their GPS mounts as well to make it work.

Tusk crash bars/pannier & top racks/hardcases/footpad/Olympus tank bag, Rox risers, fleabay tail tidy, Delkevic full exhaust w/ 14" carbon oval can

I cheaped out yet again with nice cnc anti wobble bracket and also gps/phone mount. Both good quality and work just fine 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 406T7 said:

Here are two alternative methods I tried, posted in an old thread dedicated to this subject: 

https://www.tenere700.net/topic/1253-bouncing-headlight-dash-wobble-diy-fix/?do=findComment&comment=38454

After painting the corks black, which looked much better, I used them for a while but finally went with the Camel ADV ABH items when someone was selling them used at a good price. No regrets with using the Camel items.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jdub53 said:

posted in an old thread dedicated to this subject

Thanks for digging this out. I searched before I posted, but couldn't find anything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 406T7 said:

Thanks for digging this out. I searched before I posted, but couldn't find anything.

Understandable, not exactly a straightforward search term subject.  👍

• Like 1