Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts

york717

Who swapped out their stock seat for a Seat Concepts seat?

And if you did; what model of seat did you purchase?

Stock height, one piece comfort.   I visited Seat Concepts in Idaho last year.  I was invited into the back and we installed every seat they make onto their T7.  It was a very easy decision after I sat on all of their seats.  But remember, a seat for me, might not be the seat for you.  I have a 32" inseam and the seat fits me great.  

I participated in the forum's Seat Concepts group buy in 2021 and bought a one-piece comfort which was supposed to be stock height. The one I received was disappointingly 1/2" higher than stock at the front, which wasn't good for my inseam when stopping off-road. I tried it for several rides with my butt going numb within 30 miles every time and sold it on as the OEM seat was/still is much better for me.  I may be a one off though, as Seat Concepts products have just never worked well for me on several other bikes either.

Also was in the group buy for a stock height comfort seat. Was fairly disappointed when it arrived, the height was okay however the fit on the bike was terrible. Hard to get on, and then there was a 1" gap at the front, and that's where the air filter is. 

The comfort was not good either, tried it for one long trip and after just an hour was in agony. It had a weird foam pattern that pushed me into the tank and the hip cutouts angled in a way that minimized movement, the gripper material was also very restrictive. I sold it in 2 weeks and got the OEM Rally seat, love that

Can anyone please suggest any other seats I really hate the stock seat on a long ride. 

Just get a SC and be done....my stock height comfort is SO much better/wider than stock and I LOVE mine on this bike and my 2 others.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Henchman said:

Just get a SC and be done....my stock height comfort is SO much better/wider than stock and I LOVE mine on this bike and my 2 others.

Thanks very much for the advice 

On 10/3/2023 at 6:21 AM, Stevo said:

Can anyone please suggest any other seats I really hate the stock seat on a long ride. 

I've got a Sargent seat on mine.  It's much wider than the OEM seat (but still narrow at the front) for pressure dispersion and feels 100% different.  Infact, it kinda feels like just sitting on a seat pan without the seat, but I can't deny it's supportive and comfortable for long rides.  It makes the bike feel just a little less aggressive because you kinda "sit in" the bike a little more than the OEM "sit on" type feel.  I just kept my OEM seat for shorter more aggresive rides and put the Sargent on for long rides, it's just a few seconds to swap out.  Now on longer rides my rear end is the only thing that doesn't get sore.

I installed the Gutz Racing seat foam.  OE height in medium density.  I'll report back after our UTBDR trip next week.  

18 hours ago, DT675 said:

I've got a Sargent seat on mine.  It's much wider than the OEM seat (but still narrow at the front) for pressure dispersion and feels 100% different.  Infact, it kinda feels like just sitting on a seat pan without the seat, but I can't deny it's supportive and comfortable for long rides.  It makes the bike feel just a little less aggressive because you kinda "sit in" the bike a little more than the OEM "sit on" type feel.  I just kept my OEM seat for shorter more aggresive rides and put the Sargent on for long rides, it's just a few seconds to swap out.  Now on longer rides my rear end is the only thing that doesn't get sore.

Thanks DT for your comment I really appreciate it. Cheers 

4 hours ago, r1superstar said:

I installed the Gutz Racing seat foam.  OE height in medium density.  I'll report back after our UTBDR trip next week.  

Thanks for that Star

On 10/3/2023 at 4:21 AM, Stevo said:

I can tell you that I road from Fortuna CA to Puyallup WA in one day, 614 miles the route that we went.  I did that on a one piece seat concepts seat.  The stock seat hurt after 25 miles.  This seat concepts seat might be a good option for you too.   Seats are very subjective.  The link shows you their most comfortable seat for the T7 IMHO.

Width: 13" (330mm) Height: Same as stock Details:The T700 comfort sport-touring seat provides you with an increased level of comfort and support to aid with those long days on the bike. Note:Available as a Foam & Cover...

On 10/4/2023 at 3:33 PM, DT675 said:

I have the Sargent seat, again sitting on the seat pan so i had extra foam and a gel insert and a waterproof membrane as the existing foam was soaking wet, which doesn't say much for the build quality.

6 hours ago, Redneckj said:

I can tell you that I road from Fortuna CA to Puyallup WA in one day, 614 miles the route that we went.  I did that on a one piece seat concepts seat.  The stock seat hurt after 25 miles.  This seat concepts seat might be a good option for you too.   Seats are very subjective.  The link shows you their most comfortable seat for the T7 IMHO.

Width: 13" (330mm) Height: Same as stock Details:The T700 comfort sport-touring seat provides you with an increased level of comfort and support to aid with those long days on the bike. Note:Available as a Foam & Cover...

Thanks very much for your input.