Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Decat, airintake and fuel.

Vikan

Im consithering putting on decat-headers and bigger airintake on my Euro5 T7. Therefore the bike will need adjusted fuelintake. Trying to find out if remap, rapidbike/piggyback or fueldongle/lambda sensor eliminator is the way to go. Any thoughts?

i did a ecu flash.

as i don't think adding a piggyback system is more reliable on the long run.

how ever i have no experience with that.

how ever one thing is fore sure. you need to change the fuel mapping.

so whats your exaust system gona look like ?

i have a black widow header. but mivv storm exaust.

I have a Mivv Oval Carbon slipon. Black widow header is on my radar.

ECU flash is the way to go. I did a DNA filter and their bigger air filter cover and put on a Dominator Gp1 full system. Had the ECU flashed by 2wheeldynoworks and the bike runs amazing. No more popping on decel, no more hesitation at light throttle. It's like a whole new machine. 

On 10/1/2023 at 8:12 AM, Vikan said:

I have a Mivv Oval Carbon slipon. Black widow header is on my radar.

thats basicly the same.   so i would suggest an ecu. get one with a good reputation. not the cheaper one because thy would be cheaper.

• Moderators

I can see the benefit of a flash to bring the cooling fan on sooner, but I for one ( probably a minority) like the back rap ( popping) on decel. To me it gives the bike it's character.  But that's just me.

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

A flash also improves the throttle response, especially transitioning from the closed position.  No more snatchy problems in the twisties. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZJW said:

I can see the benefit of a flash to bring the cooling fan on sooner, but I for one ( probably a minority) like the back rap ( popping) on decel. To me it gives the bike it's character.  But that's just me.

ecu flash thy ask what you want / expect.   mine still does it

• Like 1

I have the 2wdw tune on this and another bike. It made the t7 so much smoother on and off the throttle. He basically said catless headers, silencer, and air filter type hardly affect anything. What has a larger impact is removing the air box snorkel, and the tune requires the snorkel removed.

This product is intended for closed-course competition use only. Use of this product for any other purpose is strictly prohibited. By purchasing this product, you acknowledge that the...