Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Prop Stand / Jack Stand

Scottnet

Hi, I am reluctant to put a center stand on. Has anyone found a good prop stand ( sometimes called portable jack stands) . 

Typical these collapse into two parts and have swivel base , they would go under the swing arm to raise the rear or the bash plate to raise the front.  The normal searches I am not finding what I expect but I am sure something must exist 

Something like this but possibly stronger , but still light 

Any ideas?

Hi, I am looking for the same. I don't want to put a heavy & ugly center stand if I can find a more portable, lightweight and reliable solution. On the other hand, I will go for Hepco Becker center stand If I can't find a solution soon.

• Like 1

Center stand is not for me for sure. I will try to do portable jack on my own, maybe in March I'll find some time.

If I succeed I will show it to you.

s-l400.jpg

From the makers of Tirox motorcycle cleaning and chain maintenance products. Improved lightweight design, weighs 35%...

Something along these lines maybe... Can't stand a centre stand and would not get one.. Trying to make the bike lighter not heavier 🤔😅

5 hours ago, slawmir said:

Center stand is not for me for sure. I will try to do portable jack on my own, maybe in March I'll find some time.

If I succeed I will show it to you.

Well I will be waiting for sure. Good luck man. 

2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:
s-l400.jpg

From the makers of Tirox motorcycle cleaning and chain maintenance products. Improved lightweight design, weighs 35%...

Something along these lines maybe... Can't stand a centre stand and would not get one.. Trying to make the bike lighter not heavier 🤔😅

I had some research on this product and its variations. Mostly they claim they are for rear tire and for chain maintenance etc. I need something able to lift rear or front tire without any doubt of falling in my mind. Of course you can take the risk and improvuse, use it for the tire fixing. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Takata said:

Hi, I am looking for the same. I don't want to put a heavy & ugly center stand if I can find a more portable, lightweight and reliable solution. On the other hand, I will go for Hepco Becker center stand If I can't find a solution soon.

hps_06_799_10000_b_7_xl.jpg

Centerstand for Yamaha Ténéré 700 (19-). Many years of experience means high-class and stable centerstands at easy jacking up. Specially developed by SW-MOTECH.

What might be the benefit of HB center stand over sw motech? The weight?

• 5 months later...

The Enduro Star Trailstand is the best purchased trail stand and yes, it holds the T7. Packs tiny and easy to setup. I use mine mainly for the WRR but did use it once on the T7 last month.

Thats said, I went with the SW-Motech center stand on the T7. The weight is a moot point since it’s mounted so low, under the engine. You aren’t going to feel it riding or if you need to lift the bike. I’ve yet to have it rattle or flop around at all even on the off-roading I’ve done. The springs seem tight and hold it well in place. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 6:19 AM, 29er said:

DIY Crutch jack will do the job - have a google there are loads of ideas out there, it'll go under the swing arm or under the rear of the brake lever and lock the rear wheel and it's light too!! - i would recommend a tie around the front brake lever - i used a small velcro one on the 800

adv_og_logo.png

Can't remeber where I saw this idea - so pardon me if it is a re-post. I scored a couple of aluminum crutches from Goodwill for $5.00 You use both...

This works a charm, trail crutch for the win!

• 1 year later...

I wasn't keen on throwing a center stand on the T7 - thought I would try the Tirox SnapJack XTrail Pro instead and I'm 100% pleased.

It's a high-quality, well-constructed product. The weight is OK - especially when compared against a center stand that would offer the same utility. I can easily lift both the front and back tire off the ground and the bike is very stable. I place the jack underneath the foot peg to lift the rear and use the holes in the stock  skid plate to lift the front. 

Just cleaned and lubed the chain and had no issues. A tire change would be just as stable. There is a slight trade off in that the bike when elevated sits at a slight angle versus being completely vertical on a center stand. I can live with that trade off for the weight and cost-savings.