Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Quad Lock Mounts

r1superstar

I love these mounts!!!  

I'm getting ready for our next BDR trip; the Utah BDR, this weekend.  I have one for my cell phone and DJI RC2 controller. 

image000000(4).jpg.9f0ae481fae1633e75ee0ae60f4ecc67.jpg

20231001_155809.jpg.10ed56db0678733f1d49c82ef3a15dcf.jpg

• Like 1

I have the wirekess weatherproof charging head. It's expensive, and the auto-sensing USB adapter works a little strange.

The mounts are super sturdy and work fine.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@r1superstar. Consider posting a ride report on the UTBDR as I for one am interested in your thoughts on how the T7 handles it.  I'm considering riding that one and after this past weekend slogging through muddy climbs with the T7, shod with a RallZ rear, thinking the bike will handle anything I'm willing to tackle.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I have more than 10,000 km on my Quadlock wireless charger and it didn’t move, break or fail. Ever.

I dropped my bike so hard the phone pressed down on itself and flew a couple meters but the quadlock is there and kicking ass

Edited by Oxxa
  • Like 1

Beside one of the only negative for me is how dedicated their cases is TO each specific phone as I have 2 different phones, so it gets a bit costly.

Quad lock is SOLID and with vibration damper, so far so good with my camera.

Edited by TimmyTheHog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tenerider said:

I have the wirekess weatherproof charging head. It's expensive, and the auto-sensing USB adapter works a little strange.

The mounts are super sturdy and work fine.

I have the wireless waterproof charger mounted as well.    Totally work the money.  I also have the charging port on my phone plugged with a rubber plug to keep the water and dust out.  The auto-sensing USB charger works well.  It stays on until the motorcycle battery reaches a certain voltage and then turns off automatically.  You can also turn the charger on/off manually by pushing the button switch on the wireless charging head.  I installed the SAE wiring kit for the USB adapter.

Edited by r1superstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AZJW said:

@r1superstar. Consider posting a ride report on the UTBDR as I for one am interested in your thoughts on how the T7 handles it.  I'm considering riding that one and after this past weekend slogging through muddy climbs with the T7, shod with a RallZ rear, thinking the bike will handle anything I'm willing to tackle.

The T7 handled great on the IDBDR this past August aside from the new/deep gravel they put down for the logging trucks and powdery dirt or slick surfaces.  The Motoz Tractionator GPS front tire failed in this type of riding.  However, I wasn't riding very slow either.  🙂  The matching rear mounted for street bias did well.

For the UTBDR, I have lightly used Motoz Tractionator DVs mounted on the front and RallZ mounted on the rear and they should perform MUCH better off-road, especially in Lockhart Basin.

• Like 1

there are reports of some losing stuff.. thats why thy added a magnetic thing.

how ever i have never experienced this.  so i think its mainly the fake alixpres quad lock stuff that causes this.

i have quad-lock now for over 35 000 kilometres.  no issue. just like new

• Like 1