Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 tech kamo and my virgin fall !

mallias

Good morning to everyone !
Yesterday I made some rounds towards Delta of Nestos river at Greece
where there is a big drought..
It was sliding really hard..
Well, I also had the 1st, I would say jokingly, fall.
Everything is fine, the bike was not damaged so am i.
Here's the video

• Like 4

Very cool video ... one constructive advise and don't take it the wrong way and you might already know this and simply couldn't execute, as you lost traction very quickly. It could also be beneficial for someone else or simply be a conversation point. See in the frames below and your foot position, next time try to place you foot a shoe length froward so the foot is angle froward and the contact happen more towards the heel instead of flat or toes, that way there is more chance for the foot to slide with the bike to support it and gives less chance for the foot to stick to the ground or end up un a awkward position and get under the bike or side ways split style or in the rear wheel. I personally try to get my foot up under the handle bars on the leaning side as I fall.      

image.png.13143fceb693341c371c2579d2f9e50c.png

image.png.1d3d593f63674544aaf9980b3e5faf54.png

image.png.6a6bc0db888b09ced4ca91fd454c19c7.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, maddog123 said:

Very cool video ... one constructive advise and don't take it the wrong way and you might already know this and simply couldn't execute, as you lost traction very quickly. It could also be beneficial for someone else or simply be a conversation point. See in the frames below and your foot position, next time try to place you foot a shoe length froward so the foot is angle froward and the contact happen more towards the heel instead of flat or toes, that way there is more chance for the foot to slide with the bike to support it and gives less chance for the foot to stick to the ground or end up un a awkward position and get under the bike or side ways split style or in the rear wheel. I personally try to get my foot up under the handle bars on the leaning side as I fall.      

image.png.13143fceb693341c371c2579d2f9e50c.png

image.png.1d3d593f63674544aaf9980b3e5faf54.png

image.png.6a6bc0db888b09ced4ca91fd454c19c7.png

Thanks a lot my friend !!!

really !!!

• Like 1

Nice video but the pressure washer gave me great sadness!

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

14 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Nice video but the pressure washer gave me great sadness!

xaxa ! why?? there was very salty and i didnt want any salt on the bike after.

i know for fork seals and abs sensors that i need to be careful , but this time was necesary !

any other option except pressure washer?

Salt is bad.... but maybe a low pressure garden hose and a brush, followed up by a soothing mist of WD-40?

I just have bad memories of my youth, learning the hard way....

As you say, fork seals & Abs sensors... may I add o-ring chain, rear shock linkage, swingarm, steering head bearings, electrical connections....

Didn't mean to insult you. Everyone has their own comfort level.

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• 2 weeks later...

In my younger days I worked as a washman for a hire company for a YEAR.  Hell of a long time but the job paid so well and was so laid back (and I was stoned every day which helped -the 70's :)   Anyway I had my own bay and a huge 4or 5000psi machine with heater and soap circuit, I was responsible for cleaning everything from small engines to 815 caterpillars and I learnt that the main variable was distance of tip to surface.  I could cut a vinyl seat open with that machine but I never had any complaints from the small engine team, I was very careful with those carburetted ones.  Of course there are different nozzles for different applications, if I use mine on the T7 I wouldn't use the needle jet.  I would have too by now but it's such a drama to drag it around with it's flat tires.