Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2024 T7's are in North America dealerships

olliechristophe

Hi all, just noticed the 2024 Tenere 700's are trickling in. At least here in Southern CA. I do find it very strange that Yamaha has not updated its US website to include the new models. From what I could (physically) see at the local OC dealership it looks to be new LED lights/signals and TFT screen. 

At Berts Mega Mall I can see them slashing prices on the two 2023 Tenere 700's that have been setting dormant for at least 3 months on the floor. 

The website has been showing me the 2024 model for at least a month now. Picked mine up on Friday.

image.jpeg.20f2d8bd1d25b2f7000f5a703c76dda0.jpeg

• Like 3

I must be looking at the wrong website:

2023 Yamaha Ténéré 700 Adventure Touring Motorcycle

Does Yamaha maintain more than one power sports website? Lot of strange happenings with the demolition of Yamahas USA corporate headquarters in Buena Park. Now all operations are out of the Cypress facility. 

9 minutes ago, forty2 said:

The website has been showing me the 2024 model for at least a month now. Picked mine up on Friday.

image.jpeg.20f2d8bd1d25b2f7000f5a703c76dda0.jpeg

That's a nice looking bike you have there. I recently switched back and forth between my Super Tenere and my buddies 700. What a big difference in weight and handling. Having a Tenere 700 to go along with my Beta 498 dual sport and Super Tenere would be a great match!!

Your need one! I've been running a Super Tenere, a T7 and a street legal WR450 for a couple of years now. Always have the right tool although sometimes not at the right time!

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

1 hour ago, olliechristophe said:

I must be looking at the wrong website:

2023 Yamaha Ténéré 700 Adventure Touring Motorcycle

Does Yamaha maintain more than one power sports website? Lot of strange happenings with the demolition of Yamahas USA corporate headquarters in Buena Park. Now all operations are out of the Cypress facility. 

This is the site I've been looking at: 

A lightweight, no compromise adventure bike with outstanding reliability opens up a new world of possibilities. - The Yamaha 2024 TÉNÉRÉ 700

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, forty2 said:

This is the site I've been looking at: 

A lightweight, no compromise adventure bike with outstanding reliability opens up a new world of possibilities. - The Yamaha 2024 TÉNÉRÉ 700

Holy crud!! Totally confused now!! Yamaha is maintaining 2 websites for power sports. This is a first for me.

• 2 months later...

It appears that the hard to find new Tenere 700 problem is correcting itself as the local mega dealer currently has five in stock.

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of figured everybody who wanted a Tenere has either paid a surcharge, waited it out, or gave up and bought a Transalp or VStrom 800DE. I saw a bunch of 2023 models at local dealers in November, then last month the first 2024's showed up. I expected there would be fire sales on the 2023 models but last week I could only find one 2023 locally. Also, my closest dealer has had as many as six at once in inventory but is down to two now.  My tentative conclusion is the bikes are still being sold as fast as they show up. No word from Yamaha if or when any of the variants like the World Raid will come here.