Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lowering Link Dimensions

Just Footerin

Hi, I was going to make a pair of links to see how the bike felt sitting a little lower.  Does anyone know the distance between hole centres in order to lower the bike 15mm ? or there abouts.

Cheers.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Just Footerin said:

Hi, I was going to make a pair of links to see how the bike felt sitting a little lower.  Does anyone know the distance between hole centres in order to lower the bike 15mm ? or there abouts.

Cheers.

These threads should help you.

https://www.tenere700.net/topic/5620-lowering-circle-of-frustration/#comment-73178

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Thanks, but I already have the standard links. I think I need to make another set a little longer in order to lower the bike, but I only want to lower it a little bit.  If I had a dimension to start it would save to many attempts until I got it right 😆

Edited by Just Footerin

Try this thread

little down there is some math on the link vs drop/raise

you can then extrapolate those number to your own -15mm.