Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

(Yamaha) WR front suspension (Not world raid)

RiCkMaN

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here ever tried to fit a Yamaha WR front suspension on the T7.

(Edit: WR here do not stand for the T7 world rally or world raid version 😉)

Cheers

Edited by RiCkMaN

Most likely not. But a lot of us have fitted extended travel suspension (I am running 230mm Tractive cartridges) - I would not expect any problems there. If you can get the front forks for a good price, go for it. But it might well be that the World Raid cartridges are as expensive as any aftermarket upgrade cartridges (like Andreani, Rally Raid, ...)

Edit: Talking about T7 World Raid 43mm fork legs/cartridges here.

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

I recall that @Camel ADV put larger diameter forks on his bike and thought they were the SSS ones. 

Right, and off-the-road.de sell triple clamps for 48mm forks...bloody expensive CNC stuff.

• Like 1

The T7 Extreme is basically a normal T7 with the World Raid suspension so it should work well if you can get them cheap. 

• Like 2

The World Raid still has 43mm fork tubes, but the WR is 48mm.  Depending on what WR model and year, the fork leg diameter is different and you need to account for this when selecting a triple clamp. 

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

The World Raid still has 43mm fork tubes, but the WR is 48mm.  Depending on what WR model and year, the fork leg diameter is different and you need to account for this when selecting a triple clamp. 

I was totally confused at first by your post, but now I got it 😅

I was thinking WR=World Raid all the time, completely ignoring the WR250/450 models!

Absolutely true, these run 48mm legs.

The T7 World Raid/Extreme does indeed still have 43mm as our plan T7s. These ones can be exchanged for sure. But I now think that's not what @RiCkMaN wants to do.

• Like 2

Sorry if my first post was confusing @Tenerider, I indeed was talking about Yamaha WR model suspension..

If someone went this route, or thought about it, what may be the best solution for:

-T7 (cheap-er) triple clamps (stock WR's seem narrower)

-wheel axle/hub (T7  or WR?)

-dual to single brakes

• Like 1

Totally correct. WR doesn’t always mean World Raid and that causes confusion. 

• Like 2

As a fan and owner of a WR 450f is was also contemplating why Yamaha didn’t use the 48mm forks on the Tenere. 

Some did venture down that route years back, Cory as mentioned and an Boano Racing in

Dopo 2 anni e mezzo di sviluppo con amatori, avventurieri per il mondo, piloti professionisti...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RiCkMaN said:

Sorry if my first post was confusing @Tenerider, I indeed was talking about Yamaha WR model suspension..

If someone went this route, or thought about it, what may be the best solution for:

-T7 (cheap-er) triple clamps (stock WR's seem narrower)

-wheel axle/hub (T7  or WR?)

-dual to single brakes

It's rather my fault mate 😂 No worries!

WR 48mm forks would surely be great on a T7, but the triple clamps I know of are very expensive.

• Like 1

• RiCkMaN changed the title to (Yamaha) WR front suspension (Not world raid)