Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

update for north america build

Yammybound88

I was at the Toronto Motorcycle show and Yamaha had 3 configurations for height setup.  Standard mode I can flat foot it (I am 6' tall).

The lowest configuration with lower seat and lower link I saw men that were 5' 8" in height flat foot it.  Great options that Yamaha has provided to because you could say they have options from 5'8" - 6'3".

The only difference they said were the turn signals pictured in the attachment.  The rears are the same.  Everyone I spoke with thought everything is on track with the build process in Japan.  Hints at May delivery. 

Cheers

-Bob 

tenere na build turn signal.jpg

• Like 3

Hey there, I was there Friday at the show. Same that I was told, turn signals due to Canadian regulations will be the old big types and the rear plate holder, not sure I could see the difference.

I was told they are being shipped April and so we can except end of May early June.

cant wait.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hey, good info!

I missed going to the show, was scheduled, had tickets, but could not go (just too much on the to-do list) 
Do you have any other photos of the T7 ?

Tazmool

When the T7 came through here, it was outfitted with bags, skid plate, rear rack and lower seat.  I’m 6’ with 34” inseam and the bike was comfortable to say the least, fit like a glove is more like it!  I was flat foot with enough knee bend to safely say the regular seat or the rally seat would still be good to go.  At that point I put down a deposit!

Having it fit so nice at the lowest possible factory setting, sans lowering links, gave me confidence that a spring upgrade wouldn’t make it a tiptoe machine!  I have plans to upgrade the rear spring , with preload adjuster caps on the forks to start.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 10:26 PM, Tazmool said:

Hey, good info!

I missed going to the show, was scheduled, had tickets, but could not go (just too much on the to-do list) 
Do you have any other photos of the T7 ?

Tazmool

I just took this one shot of the North America spec bike.  Cheers

20200221_133427.jpg