Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Rally, possible to high mount Akrapovic?

waffl

I have a T7 rally and noticed a small amount of swingarm abrasion. I was wondering if there's any way to high mount the Akrapovic, eg, are there any off the shelf pipes that are made for this, or are they explicitly custom?

Would love to do this without buying a full new muffler/pipe!

I think Camel Adventure sells a high mount pipe, but I'm not sure. And it's another question if it fits your Akra.

Camel-ADV

There is plenty of info in this forum.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• Supporting Vendor

The Arkapovic muffler is not compatible with our high exhaust. Its link pipe is welded to the muffler; it tapers, bends, and comes out at an angle. Unfortunately, there is too much going on to make an end-user installable high exhaust setup with it. I'm unaware of anyone with a kit that will work with it.

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Where there is a will there's a way 😉.

It is amazing what can be done with a grinder and a TIG torch ( and a fair bit of skill ).

Are they really that good they warrant the price?

• Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

4 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Where there is a will there's a way 😉.

It is amazing what can be done with a grinder and a TIG torch ( and a fair bit of skill ).

Are they really that good they warrant the price?

Imho: no. They don't sound better or provide better performance than other slip-on solutions.

A friend runs it, sounds good, but not better than my HP Corse for example. I have ridden this bike and also one with a MIVV Dakar (best sound among these three imho).

I don't 100% like the Akra's look - there's some kind of kink in the titanium which to me looks like it has been dented by a crash 😂

Given it's the most expensive one of all slip-ons I know of, I'd not pay extra bucks for it.

But since @waffl has got it already, I definitely wouldn't ditch it - guess a custom link pipe/high mount solution might be not too pricey?

Edited by Tenerider

Thanks for the feedback - yes the main issue is that I already have an Akra because of the Rally Edition, I was hoping there was an off the shelf pipe solution, which I wasn't able to find anywhere. Oddly the thought just came to mind when I was looking up trail stands and found this on the Rolling Mavericks site and also on a corresponding Youtube video, I can't tell for sure if it's just the angle but it looks like the OEM Akra mounted differently.

I suppose it's as easy as asking them directly what's going on 🙂 Will try and report back.

rolling-mavericks-ultralight-enduro-trail-jack-268541.jpg

• Like 1

Anything is possible, but not without fabrication work in this instance. I removed mine and went with the Mivv can/link pipe instead.

5.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 3:46 AM, Tenerider said:

A friend runs it, sounds good, but not better than my HP Corse for example. I have ridden this bike and also one with a MIVV Dakar (best sound among these three imho).

Which is louder, the HP Corse or the Mivv Dakar?

Just now, Montesa_VR said:

Which is louder, the HP Corse or the Mivv Dakar?

The MIVV is a bit louder when revving up. It sounds more aggressive, offers more grunt. Both are not really louder than stock by measurement, but they do sound better!