Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from the wild eastern roads

nomadhabits

Just wanted to say hello here from the road. I am cruising around the middle east and parts of central Asia these days to fulfill a long dream of mine, visiting all these amazing countries that not so many people get to see! Solo tripping on a (tight) budget😅, camping most of the time alone in nature, but also visiting important cities and sights!

Looking forward to share my T7 experience and learning from everyone

• Like 6

Central asia is great to travel, amazing nature and people.

Did it in 2013. Whats your route planning?

Enjoy!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BikeBrother said:

Central asia is great to travel, amazing nature and people.

Did it in 2013. Whats your route planning?

Enjoy!

Ha 10years ago things were different for sure, right now it is a bit tricky so I will spend the next months in Turkey and Cyprus to wait for the winter to pass and hope that things calm down a bit...then Iran awaits and from there into the Stans, not sure which borders will be possible but I guess Turkmenistan is the easiest!

What was your favorite place over there that no one should miss?

• Like 1

@nomadhabits

I guess our favorite place is in the nature, the kyrgyzstan mountains (Pamir Hwy) and lake song-kol, the kazakhs plains, the mongolian emptiness. we love it all. cities are less interesting for us, but Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan was nice. 

here are some pictures and our adventures of that trip

• Like 1

Wow, that gives me itches, Mongolia would be amazing to add! Looks like Visas aren't a thing for most central Asian countries anymore, so that is some upside at least 😄