Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Luggage - hard top case, soft side luggage

Labous

Hey everyone,

I am looking for soft side luggage and a top hard case.  I was just wondering if you guys have any recommendations for some combinations of those. 

I was looking at the AS side racks and Kriega OS18 combo and I loved it since it wouldn’t make the bike too big. And for the top case, I ride in the city as well (use the bike to commute from time to time) and definitely need to lock the case so can’t use soft luggage for that. 

Do you guys have any experience with AdventureSpecs side rack and some rack for top case? 
Also is AS rack and OS18 fine with the exhaust and do you have experience with having a passenger there as well? Do they have enough leg space there?

any pictures would be welcome

thanks for any recommendations 

You might have better luck installing the Kriega OS 18 on the rally raid side racks as compared to the Adventure Spec version.

On the exhuast front, you can get one of them exhaust protection plates / silicon tubes with metal hose clamps - this will save your bags.

Top case - depends on whether you want metal or the poly top boxes. I have the Givi BN42 poly case on my T7 and it is big enough to put my helmet, wet weather gear and some for commute. On trips, it takes tools, food, sleeping bag + mat.

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

I can't comment on AS or RR side racks. My Combo for Soft side bags and hard top case is Enduristan Blizzard XL without a side rack and Givi Trekker top case on a Bumot rear luggage rack.

Works pretty good. I also added some Lomo 6.5L dry bags at the bottom of the Blizzards. Pillion has room to sit comfortably, but obviously not full range of motion on the passenger pegs.

• Like 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

On 11/27/2023 at 7:29 AM, motonap said:

You might have better luck installing the Kriega OS 18 on the rally raid side racks as compared to the Adventure Spec version.

On the exhuast front, you can get one of them exhaust protection plates / silicon tubes with metal hose clamps - this will save your bags.

Top case - depends on whether you want metal or the poly top boxes. I have the Givi BN42 poly case on my T7 and it is big enough to put my helmet, wet weather gear and some for commute. On trips, it takes tools, food, sleeping bag + mat.

I really like the look of the AS racks and I know it works with Kriega IS12 but not sure how the OS18 will fit there with the exhaust. However you are right, the RR might be better for the OS18. I will check the protection plates, might help. Thanks

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 5:02 AM, duibhceK said:

I can't comment on AS or RR side racks. My Combo for Soft side bags and hard top case is Enduristan Blizzard XL without a side rack and Givi Trekker top case on a Bumot rear luggage rack.

Works pretty good. I also added some Lomo 6.5L dry bags at the bottom of the Blizzards. Pillion has room to sit comfortably, but obviously not full range of motion on the passenger pegs.

I run a set of the Blizzard Large bags and a roll top water proof top bag.  I was glad that I had the soft bags on when the bike went down in thick new gravel on a forest service road.  The bag pinned my leg and foot under the bag.  If it would have been a hard bag, Ill bet I would have had a broken ankle.  

@Labous some images as requested.  AS side plates and 18l Kriega.  Have not had an issue with exhaust clearance.  I can't comment on passenger accommodations with this set up.

image.png.0631a311171a45b6f3a193128fe439df.png

image.png.f03203606711dd176c797811261c0dc7.png

image.png.a63269e84617dd8c0c00fb9e29420ad5.png

• Thanks 1

Go rackless OS18s woth Tenere OS base. 
then get a Perun moto minimalistic rack that is compatible with the OS base, and takes SW Motech and Givi topcases. 
visit their website and have a read. 

@Labous If you decide to go with the Kriega OS-Base, I have a T700 specific model that I am not using and would be willing to sell. Send me a PM if interested. 

You didn't mention what exhaust you have, but that has a large effect on luggage choices.