Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Any 2023 model T7 owner willing to help me ?

Ivan

Trying to fit QS sensor to Tenre 700 World Raid 2022. project

I got myself cheap QS sensor. I am aware that
2023 with TFT models has QS connector ready. I own WR T7 2022 model, but I am totally convinced that missing connector<->wire is only thing - that my ECU is already ready for QS. I googled and I found out that 2023 models use same ECU as previous year (its same serial no).

So Im thinking, QS sensor is very basic part - an ordinary circuit switch N/O type. One wire goes to ground, the other one goes to ECU directly.
So that is my question/request - can someone who owns T7 2023 check that plug (no1 photo) and see colors of the wire. One wire is ground (probably black) the other one is QS wire. And can you please QS wire on ECU connector and let me know PIN# number position (no2 photo).

Feel free to ask for any help

Photo (1) (location of QS plug)

image.png.cbabd9537e7c3c80d78d89bc585668dd.png

Photo (2) (location of ECU)
image.png.398f836e228b4ffed4eccd867f2fcc89.png

image.png.f1a561785a4b2c81d324310daa4107c1.png

I would be very grateful ! Many thanks in advance !

If I get a chance in the morning I’ll check but I reckon I don’t think Yamaha wouldn’t just leave out the connector as when fitting a quick shifter  you normally have to tap into all 4 injectors so couldn’t see yamaha adding them and leaving out just the block connector 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N11 EXPRESS said:

If I get a chance in the morning I’ll check but I reckon I don’t think Yamaha wouldn’t just leave out the connector as when fitting a quick shifter  you normally have to tap into all 4 injectors so couldn’t see yamaha adding them and leaving out just the block connector 

As I reserched, this is ECU based QS system in T7, to its all managed by ECU (not like aftermarket ones, witch needs extra wiring, for example spark cut). 
Lets see...im still optimistic. My hopes lies on you 🙂
So, when you check ecu wires, I suppose one of these slots marked with X are one of QS wire (this is 2020 model wiring pinout, no QS)
Many thanks in advance !

image.png.b1b84cb899ae62524638ac3a08c61a96.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N11 EXPRESS said:

Ill try get pic of ecu tomorrow 

Many thanks !!!!
So its solid purple, lets see ECU pin number.
As soon as I try it out , ill let you know 1st results 🙂
FYI, I bought HONDA oem QS sensor https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006175109337.html for very good price, it arrived yesterday and I think it will fit nicely to T7 (ill let you know if works).
Thanks again !

On 12/2/2023 at 6:18 PM, N11 EXPRESS said:

Ill try get pic of ecu tomorrow 

IMG_0754.jpeg

IMG_0757.jpeg

IMG_0755.jpeg

Many thanks for photos. Looks like violet wire is pin no. 24, so that is QS wire.
I have run the wire to ECU.
Its same pin as in YZF-R7 model with CP2 engine

image.png.3d85f8dd818630616117b7508d674fa6.png

Unfortunately , I tried on my T7 2022 WR, and I cannot activate it via official instructions (turn key on, hold QS up for 10 seconds) so it means QS is not programmed into ECU altho bike has TFT 😞

So now Im going to planB, since I have FTECU with QS enable , I will try and let know results

Many thanks for sharing photos !

• Like 1

I initially had trouble getting it to recognise the genuine quickshifter and realised I wasn’t holding it hard enough had to use fair bit of pressure