Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First service, what to do?

Lupan

So, this is the first 1000, seems it needs only to change oil and oil filter is it?

Share with you the bike they gave me during the service.

Bike that i don't like... Only with 15 km...

IMG_20200224_230807.jpg

IMG_20200224_230708.jpg

IMG_20200224_230753.jpg

Edited by Lupan

I can't believe they give you a brand new loaner for the first service.

I hope they don't charge you a fortune for it, you'd think they would do it while you wait?

Spokes will probably need adjusting after 1000 kms as many of these do, so maybe not just an oil and filter change. 

• Like 1

So, i've not change myself the oil and filter because of the warranty...

It's going to cost 50 €... Probably they are going to gain with me this time 20 € or more lol

So i don't like the bike because its too small... 

The ride position is a litle bit weird,

and weak wind protection...

The dashboard numbers and text are a bit small also.

Even with all the electronics and heated grips and other things i prefer by far away my T7 princess.

They give this bike because i live 25 km away of the shop, and it's better for me after my work to deliver or go get the bike, and the guy it's a good guy because in others Yamaha and on the last shop i bought the TÉNÉRÉ 660, they give a 125 cc... A scooter or an YBR, today at that shop a bike like that have a daily cost...

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 1

Damn - for my first service I was offered a loan scooter. I think I will take a uber instead.

• Like 1

So the tracer wasn't so bad, but the T7 after this service we can give the power to her, so easy in highway get the 170 km/h, what a bike, the best choice for me and my ride. With a exhaust it's gona be my litle Monster ehehe

I've payed 73 € for the service, oil, oil filter and check the bolts off the bike, and adjust the chain... 

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted the Tracer but now I've decided on the T7 since I prefer more offroad for my second bike as I already have a big cruiser.  As far as power although the tracer would be heavier that triple 900 rocks!

I will be doing my own oil change, this will not effect warranty as long as you use proper oil/filter & torque the drain plug correctly.

Edited by Channing