Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T700 verses T700 world raid suspension

parkys100

Hello

I have a 2019 T 700 with upgrade front  fork internals and custom made rear shock.

I am considering a World raid but most likely too tall?

As I have spent ££££££ on the current bike ,would the standard suspension fit the world raid model to lower it slightly?

I bet it can be made to fit with a little bit of effort. Same diameter forks, same lowers. Not sure about the fork caps though.

19 minutes ago, sunndog said:

Reckon you'd have to REALLY! want twin tanks and a colour screen 

Very good point. An Acerbis or even Safari tank would be much cheaper and lighter. A fuel bladder even more so.

• Like 1

Here is a video from MADTV discussing modified T7 vs World Raid: 

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Very good point. An Acerbis or even Safari tank would be much cheaper and lighter. A fuel bladder even more so.

I like the option for having an additional gallon of gas with the Giant Loop fuel bladder.  Super easy to strap on with prong horn or Rok straps. If you don’t need it, it will pack down small.   It’s a great option if you need another 40-50 miles or to help start a fire, in the event of an emergency.  

• Like 2